This programme is designed for individuals who aspire to begin a career in the field of travel, tourism and hospitality management or would like to assume greater responsibilities in one of the many ancillary service industries but lack the professional training and wish to have their skills formally recognised. Participants will acquire an integrated knowledge of the best industry practices and the operations of the Travel, Tourism and Hospitality industries.
This programme includes field trips and hands-on practicum. The campus has a Hospitality Training Centre (Tropical Breeze) in a hotel setting which makes learning more realistic for the participants.
Methods of Assessment
Modules will be assessed through a combination of coursework and examinations depending on the individual objectives. The proportion of marks attributed to coursework and final examinations is subject to the discretion of individual lecturers and varies according to different modules.
Students who have successfully completed all coursework and examinations will be awarded the Diploma in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management from MDIS.
Graduates are prepared for careers in industry sectors such as hotels and resorts, cruise lines, restaurants, caterings, events, attractions, travel agencies, conventions, destination marketing and other tourism organisations.
- Marketing in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism
- Economics of Leisure and Tourism
- Principles of Business Management (II)
- Accounting and Finance in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism
- Communications Management in Leisure and Tourism
- Food and Beverage Management
- Case Studies in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism
Applicants must be of age 16 and above, and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Any 5 GCE 'O' level passes including English Language (EL1) or
- Any 3 GCE 'O' level passes including English Language (EL1) with 2 years of working experience or
- Partial GCE 'A' Level (less than 2 'A' and 2 'AO' passes) or
- ITE Higher NITEC, CBS and ITC holders or
- MDIS Professional Certificate in Business Management or
- Equivalent Professional Certificate from other recognised local/overseas professional institutes. Applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.