The tourism industry is HOT - Start your career here.
Our Tourism Management program prepares you for a career in resorts, hotels, and other tourism operations. You can choose from a one-year certificate or complete the two-year diploma program. The program includes courses in tourism, business management, and related specialty courses.
This program is available entirely online. You can also take most courses in person at our Cranbrook campus. The Rockies are right outside the door, giving you the opportunity to blend lifestyle and learning in one of the most spectacular places on Earth – and one of BC’s hottest tourism destinations!
Why choose tourism as a career?
- Tourism is a top Canadian industry – 20 million travelers annually choose Canada.
- In BC, tourism is a $15 billion industry - close to 20,000 tourism-related businesses are operating in BC.
- There are more jobs available than job-seekers - since 2013/14, the demand for workers in the BC tourism industry has significantly exceeded supply.
You may choose a one-year certificate program or a two-year diploma program. If you choose the two-year diploma program, you may exit with a certificate after completing all first-year requirements.
- You can choose to take the certificate or diploma completely online and work while going to school – or you can take the program in person at our Cranbrook campus.
- Industry-recognized certifications in the program include Foodsafe, Worldhost, CPR-C, Occupational First Aid Level 1, and Serving it Right.
- This program covers a broad range of courses directly related to the tourism industry, as well as management-oriented courses such as accounting, communications, business management, programming, and marketing.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a work placement to gain hands-on experience in a tourism-related business.
The Tourism Management Diploma program is based on the BC Provincial Tourism Management Diploma Program: Standardized Core Curriculum Handbook, 4th edition (November 2016 draft).
In addition to providing a direct pathway to employment, the two-year diploma program provides graduates with transfer credit towards a tourism management degree program at other institutions