It includes the oil business with a broad and integral vision. Knows the environment, the high-level processes and the main technologies; identifies the technical and non-technical skills that the personnel who elaborate in this industry should have. Knows and identifies the importance of managing risk in decision making and sees the impact of the economic, financial and political aspects of the energy reform.
Benefits of the program
- You will have a comprehensive vision of the oil business, considering all the processes that support it from an executive perspective.
- You will develop non-technical skills that will help you to have a better performance in your activities and an adequate design and definition of tactical and competitive strategies.
- You will know the risks and uncertainties of the oil process and its impact on the decision making in investment projects.
- You will be able to generate ideas documented in strategic initiatives for the identification and elimination of threats and the exploitation of opportunities.
- You will achieve effective communication with managers and subordinates by aligning your vision and expectations by managing their own language and vocabulary.
- The companies or organizations where you work will receive the benefit of better decision making by having personnel with greater competition in the oil industry.
Oil tankers, chemists, industrialists, geologists, geophysicists; professionals in security, environmental sector and government sector.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Strategic Planning in the Oil Industry consists of six modules, totaling 96 hours of study in total.
Module 1. General Environment of the Oil Industry (16 hours)
- General context
- National context
- Strategic planning
Module 2. Description of the Industry or Oil Value Chain (16 hours)
Module 3. Competitive Strategies (16 hours)
- Competitiveness of the industry
- Analysis of a case
- Technology management
- Knowledge management
Module 4. The Risk in the Oil Industry (16 hours)
- Risk management activities
- Identify the risks in the oil industry
- Qualitative risk analysis techniques
- Quantitative risk analysis techniques
- Case analysis
- Determination of contingency plans
Module 5. Critical Skills of the Oil Industry (16 hours)
- Critical skills of the oil industry
- Technical skills
- Non-technical skills
- Systemic vision
- Mental models
- Case method
- Nominal group technique
Module 6. Diagnosis and Improvement Initiatives (SWOT Analysis) (16 hours)
- Definition of strategic elements
- Definition of strategic objectives
- Determination of KPIs
- Identification of strengths
- Opportunities identification
- Identification of weaknesses
- Identification of threats
- Development of the SWOT matrix
- Identification of strategic initiatives
- Drafting and presentation of a strategic initiative that can be converted into a business case