Develops knowledge, tools and skills for the proper management, administration and operation of warehouses and distribution centers.
Benefits of the program
- You will acquire the knowledge and skills that are needed to evaluate, plan and implement solutions to problems in warehouses or distribution centers.
- You will translate business strategies in terms of operation, indicators and initiatives, in warehouses or distribution centers.
- You will acquire the knowledge and skills to design solutions to problems in warehouses and distribution centers through analytical methods.
- You will develop and expand your perspective of the functions performed in the administration and operation of warehouses and management CD.
- You will direct the activities of the business to the service of the client.
- You will increase productivity.
- You will gain knowledge of the use of software for decision making.
Managers, supervisors, technicians and professionals dedicated to the administration of logistics and the supply chain; as well as the administration and operation of warehouses and distribution centers.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Strategic Management of Warehouses and Distribution Centers consists of eight modules, which total 112 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Strategic Planning as an Integrating Process (8 hours)
- Analyze the competitive environment of a system or company.
- Identify the competitive advantages of an organization.
- Define the strategic objectives of an organization.
- Definition of strategic lines that promote compliance with the strategic objectives of an organization.
- Use prospective as a way to achieve compliance with the strategic objectives of a company.
Module 2. Warehouse Operations (16 hours)
- Why a warehouse?
- Types of warehouses
- Material flow
- Warehouse operations
- Material handling and storage equipment
- Problems of consolidation of pallets (pallets)
- Software: Application for pallet distribution.
Module 3. Design of the Layout and Collection of Orders (picking) (16 hours)
- Layout design for level I: Platforms (load unit).
- Layout design for level II: From boxes to pallets
- Layout design for level III: From pieces / units of products to boxes.
- Dimension of shelves
- Software: Arrangement of platforms in areas of high demand
- Software: Arrangement of boxes in areas of high demand
- Methods of optimization of routes in the collection of orders (picking)
- Flow and balance
- Software: Tool to visualize consolidation activities in the warehouse.
Module 4. Inventory Management (16 hours)
- General concepts of inventory management.
- Entries and exits of inventory management systems.
- ABC classification.
- Methods and techniques of lotification.
- Indicators of performance.
- Physical control
- Planning the distribution requirements.
- New technologies in inventory management.
Module 5. Efficiency Measures in Warehouses (8 hours)
- Challenges to improve efficiency in warehouses
- Activities of the warehouses: analysis ABC
- The importance of the quick picking area to improve warehouse performance.
- Procedure to improve order picking
Module 6. Location of Warehouses and Distribution (16 hours)
- Location of facilities
- Location minimizing total cost
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- Location of one or more installations
- Supply chain design
- Key micro-economic and macro-economic factors in the location decision
- Cross-docking, definition, strengths and weaknesses
- Type of transport and its characteristics
- Transportation costs
- Decisions on transport
- Programming and design of vehicle routes.
Module 7. Use of Simulation for Decisions in Stores (16 hours)
- The simulation, introduction and basic principles.
- Basic uses of simulation in problem solving.
- Modeling basic scenarios using simulation.
- Intermediate scenarios for practice.
- Development of intermediate level simulators.
- Work methodology using simulation.
- Runs of the developed models.
- Analysis of the results.
- Results presentation.
- Conclusions and feedback.
Module 8. Systems for Warehouse Management (16 hours)
- Warehousing management system
- Applications of MRP to ERP in warehouses
- ERP vs WMS
- WMS architecture
- Implementation process
- Success stories
- WMS Software Suppliers
- Use of free warehouse management system software
- RFID in the warehouses.
About the School
The Tecnológico de Monterrey was created to develop leaders capable of making the world a better place thanks to an education of excellence.The constant innovation of our academic model is recognized ... Read More