Program Length: 2 years/ 4 semesters
The Software Engineering Technician program will prepare students to work as software developers. Whether someone wants to balance the books, edit photographs or produce a movie, it wouldn’t be possible without software programs. Grads will be at the forefront of designing, developing and maintaining the latest software.
During their time in the Software Engineering Technician courses, students will acquire solid knowledge of:
- Software engineering methodologies
- Programming languages
- Design and algorithm concepts
- Data management tools
To underscore the applied focus of the curriculum, the Software Engineering Technician program will include one software development project. This real-world business application will require students to utilize all the technical and business skills acquired during their studies to build higher quality software.
- Software Engineering Technician courses will be delivered using leading-edge technology geared to industry standards.
- Knowledgeable and approachable faculty members have diverse business experience and academic credentials.
Students may continue into year three of Centennial College’s Software Engineering Technology (program #3409) offered at Centennial College in Toronto, Canada.
Qualified graduates may be eligible to participate in pathway programs with partnering institutions. These pathway programs allow students to receive degree credit for learning obtained at Centennial College. Our partners include:
- Algoma University, Ontario
- Davenport University, USA
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Ontario
- Sheridan College
- Computer programmer
- Software developer
- Systems analyst
- Software tester
- Business analyst
- Web applications developer
- Database administrator
- Applications or software support
The Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) approved accreditation of this program in 2011. Graduates from the program may apply for certified membership to either CIPS or their provincial engineering technology association.