This program guarantees measured improvement in different levels of your Purchase activities. You will be exposed to many enlightening tools that are unmatched in the measured results they will produce for you and your organization.
This is a completely interactive program and therefore you are requested to be open minded, Sharing your ideas and experiences, asking questions and hence being 100% participative.
- Handling complex negotiations
- Finding new markets and sources of importing/exporting of goods
- Opening new channels
- Negotiation with vendors
- Multi-warehouse systems
- Bonded Warehousing
- Warehousing costs
- Materials handling costs
- Packaging costs
- Quotations and secure competitive bids and more
Strategic Contribution of Purchasing and Supply
- Why are the institutions investing in improving procurement skills?
- Creating supply advantage by leveraging the strategic nature of Procurement (Mission, Analysis and Implementation).
- Development of supply strategy.
- Knowledge of supply markets.
Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
- Concept of supply chain management.
- Supply chain planning, sourcing, making and delivery. • Using information technology.
- Supply chain coordination.
- Creating Supply chain opportunities.
- Improving the efficiency of the supply chain.
Key Purchasing Variables & Purchasing Skills
- Quality - (Specification, Standardization, Quality circle and the seven wastes)
- The right quantity - (Ordering and stock control and ordering for production).
- Time - (On-time delivery and shortages).
- Source decision-making - (Types of sourcing, the sourcing process, source location, source of information, supplier evaluation and the right relationship).
- Purchasing Skills.
The Contract Process and Successful Negotiating
- Understanding the area of the law that concern purchasing.
- Understanding and making contracts.
- Documenting the contract in writing.
- Different types of warranties.
- The place and time where the buyer takes ownership.
- Obligations of the agent and the principal.
- Antitrust and unfair trade practices by buyer or seller.
- Compensation for supplier failure.
Some Buying Techniques
- Hedging with futures contracts.
- Buying Internationally (Why, Problems, Transportation and Customs).
- Leasing and haring of capital equipments instead of buying.
- Measuring the Purchasing performance.
- Reporting to management.
Business Ethics for Buyers and Sellers
- The meaning and source of ethics.
- How ethics affects the way in which we do business.
- How to make ethical decisions.
- The relationship between the law and ethics.
- How to become familiar with the ethics issues that buyers and sellers confront.
- Review of APS codes of ethics.
Operational Purchasing Practice
- Procurement and best business practices Sourcing
- Selecting suppliers and measuring performance
- Administering contracts
- Administering contracts for supplier compliance
Managing Systems and Relationships
- Managing negotiations
- Using computer-based systems
- Managing quality
- Maintaining internal relations
- Supplier relationship management
Providing Added Value
- Making sound sourcing decisions
- Managing material and supply operations
- Adding value to the organization
- Strategic procurement planning
Leading the Procurement organization
- Managing the procurement organization
- Managing human resources