Make Music Your Life
The Professional Recording Arts program is a transfer program for students who aspire to attend the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA), a university situated in the English City of Liverpool that was co-founded by Paul McCartney. Students can apply for this specialized program at the beginning of their studies at LaSalle College Vancouver to potentially attend this prestigious school.
The program includes all course work in the Professional Recording Arts diploma program with additional academic and project requirements and higher expectations regarding academic achievement. Additional courses include Media Studies and Technology, and Directed Studies. The program requires the completion of a variety of written papers through Directed Studies courses. In addition, students are required to complete a major collaborative project.
This program consists of 110 credits over 6 quarters.
- Fundamentals of Audio
- Digital Audio and Control Systems
- Audio Technology I
- Audio Recording I
- Audio Recording II
- Digital Music Technology I
- Digital Music Technology II
- Digital Audio I
- Digital Audio II
- Music Theory I
- Music Theory II
- Audio Electronics
- Advanced Recording Techniques I
- Advanced Recording Techniques II
- Practical Audio Electronics
- Synthesis & Sound Design I
- Synthesis & Sound Design II
- Digital Audio III
- Digital Audio IV
- Music Arranging and Recording Technology
- Music Production for Visual Media
- Composition for Advertising
- Live Sound Reinforcement
- Business Fundamentals
- Media Studies - Technology and Culture I
- Media Studies - Technology and Culture II
- Advanced Music Production for Visual Media
- Directed Studies I
- Directed Studies II
- Professional Development and Portfolio
- Senior Project
Graduates go on to work as an audio or sound engineer, live concert and event sound technician, sound designer, video game sound designer, composer, music producer or audio equipment technician. Alumni have worked with such industry giants as Electronic Arts Studio, Bardel Entertainment, Cirque du Soleil, The Armory Studios and Michael Bublé. With the right skills and drive, graduates can build a fulfilling, creatively gratifying career in the performing arts industry.
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
- A transfer program for students who aspire to attend the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts
- Hands-on learning from instructors in the field
- Access to faculty with extensive industry experience and connections
- Learn on state-of-the-art equipment, software and technology currently being used in the industry
- Program consists of 110 credits over six quarters.
- Graduating students receive a Diploma
- Students explore everything from producing live and studio music to designing sound for film, radio, TV, web, live performances, and other venues. With professional audio recording studios as your classrooms, teachers work with students to develop their unique talents. Throughout the program, students are surrounded and inspired by their peers, learning together to understand the craft of recording.
- Skills to record, edit, mix and master audio in professional studios.
- Theoretical concepts, industry practices, and hands-on production techniques required to enter and maintain a successful career in audio as professional engineers, technicians, producers and business people.
- Solid understanding of technology, theory, and industry practices and expectations.
- Knowledge and skills required to work with emerging technologies available in the industry.
Who Should Apply?
Students directly out of high school, or mature students who are ready for a career change or to build on the skills they have.
- Those with an interest in the entertainment industry
- Skilled with technology
- Eager to be challenged and inspired
- Creatives with a sense of artistry
- Those with a love of music and an ear for sound
About the School
Located at the bottom of the west coastal mountains, LaSalle College Vancouver has welcomed students from around the world. LaSalle College Vancouver is an award winning higher education provider offe ... Read More