Qualifying programme : Pastry Diploma
Within the privileged atmosphere of the Château de Ferrières, and taking benefit from the skills and facilities of Ferrières, the School of French Excellence offers a full range of Cuisine, Pastry and Oenology workshops.
Each diploma is a full-time training course which allows for the highest level of instruction in the fields of :
The training gives each participant the best French culinary techniques in order to further their professional objectives. All these courses are taught in French and English.
This specialised training centre welcomes individuals and professionals (French and Internationals) to further their knowledge in culinary arts and to open up to new perspectives.
6 months of theory and practical applications divided in 2 trimesters – 760 hours (excluding internship), including :
- Tuition, uniforms, knives set, educational visits, conferences
- 8 week-internship. Possibility of an extension up to 6 months
- The qualification will be validated after the 8 week internship.
Students can register for the first trimester only and undertake the second trimester at a later date (for a limited time).
This qualification is taught in French and is translated in English consecutively.
PROGRAMME CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
LEARNING ABOUT THE TOOLS AND THE CULINARY WORLD
- Hygiene and security rules
- Learn how to use pastry bags
- Classical artistic decoration skills (“Royale” ice cream)
INTRODUCTION TO FRENCH PASTRY
- Classic doughs and tarts
- Leavened doughs and leavened puff pastries
- Creams and fillings
- “Bistronomique” desserts
- Travel cakes and spreadable pastes
- Glazing and masking
- Ice creams, sorbets and take-away iced desserts
- Petits fours and contemporary “verrines”
- Introduction to bread-making and “pains gourmands”
- Entremets and contemporary individual entremets (as sold in professional pastry shops)
- Log cakes
- Decoration and presentations
- Caramel and nougatine
INTRODUCTION TO CHOCOLATE
- Creation of a restaurant-type contemporary dessert
- Organoleptic and olfactory studies of cocoa and its origin
THE ART OF CHOCOLATE
- Knowledge of chocolate products
- Chocolate tempering
- Molded chocolate and “bonbon guitare”
- Confectionery fillings and praline
- Essential knowledge on how to develop a chocolate or sugar centerpiece with an artistic perspective
- Chocolate sculpture
THE ART OF SUGAR - ARTISTIC
- Cooking techniques and colouring
- Pulled, poured and blown sugar
About the School
Choosing to studyatFerrières School is launching a career in a sector in constant growth and which offers innumerable professional opportunities all over the world.?Only 15.5 miles away from the heart ... Read More