The Diploma in Managing Customer Relationships equips students with a comprehensive set of theories, skills, and practices on the most effective ways to manage customer relationships in a business environment. This program includes sales techniques, managing customer expectations, and understanding customers in a North American business setting. Students will gain knowledge through individual and group-based instructional models. The Co-Op student will then go on to apply these lessons to their job placement while gaining work experience.
- Marketing Essentials
- Applied Leadership in the Workplace
- Practical Sales Techniques
- Practical Business Calculations
- Principles of Managing Customer Relationships
- Introduction to Canadian Business Management
Upon the completion of this diploma, the successful student will:
- Have a good understanding of business terms, theories and organizational structure for Canadian business.
- Be able to use basic mathematics for everyday business calculations.
- Prepare and execute various customer service strategies.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in business writing and business presentations.
- Recall, generalize and demonstrate leadership skills as it relates to staff management and customer management.
- Have a good understanding and will be able to apply marketing strategies to business.
- Successfully apply these skills to a real working environment
Headway / Unsplash
For programs with work experience component(s) list the number of hours of instruction for each work experience component of the program. List the work experience element in the order in which it is provided along with the other courses in the program.
|Title of Course/Work Experience Component||# of Hours|
|Marketing Essentials||80 Hours|
|Applied Leadership in the Workplace||80 Hours|
|Practical Sales Techniques||80 Hours|
|Practical Business Calculations||80 Hours|
|Principles of Managing Customer Relations||80 Hours|
|Introduction to Canadian Business Management||80 Hours|
|Job Search||20 Hours|
|Co‐op (22.50 hours/week x 24 weeks)||540 Hours|
|Total Program Hours||1080 Hours|
Method(s) of Evaluation
- In‐class quizzes
- In‐class midterms
- In‐class individual and team presentations
- In‐class final examination in each course
The student must attain and maintain an 80% attendance in each course, achieve a minimum of 70% in each course, and must complete 80% of their co‐op hours to graduate.
Co-op Work Experience
The paid Co-Op Work Experience portion is an important part of the practical side of this program. This is where the student applies the theoretical lessons learned in the academic class to the real world. It is designed to give the student experience in a Canadian work setting that supports the learning objectives of their class.
Over the course of the academic program, Co-Op students will take a four-week Job Search course. This course will run in the afternoon and prepare them for the Co-Op section. It will help students with researching employment opportunities, understanding their own strengths and weaknesses and building a professional image.
Throughout the academic and Co-Op portions of this program, you will receive the support from our Co-Op Coordinator who will work with you to help find a suitable work opportunity and assist you to successfully complete the Co-Op portion of the program. At the end of the work experience, the student is required to come back to VGC and complete their two-week Capstone portion of this program before graduating.
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $8900
- Co-Op Fee: $1200 – includes a four-week job search class, two-week capstone, and job placement.
- Material Fee: $280
- Textbook Fee: $450
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $70
- Complete high school or be a mature student of 18 years and older.
- Reach an IELTS 5.5 (academic) or TOEFL 70 or equivalent or achieve a VGC Level 6 Upper Intermediate or pass the VGC placement test.
- Pass an admissions interview
- Complete high school.
- Pass an admissions interview.
About the School
Thank you for your interest in VGC International College. We know that the decision to choose a school is an important one and we are honored that you are considering us.