The Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management assists students in gaining an understanding of what supply chain management is and how it contributes to creating a sustainable, competitive advantage for organisations. This programme is presented through a blended mode of delivery, offering limited contact classes combined with open distance learning, which provides much-needed flexibility for the full-time employed individual. Students can also apply at an OLG Learning Hub for additional distance learning support.
Is this programme for me?
This diploma will be of great interest to all professionals who work in the areas of operations management, logistics, procurement and information technology, and to all students who are interested in developing a career in the area of supply chain management.
What can graduates expect?
This programme will equip you to critically analyse, interpret and understand logistics and supply chain principles, processes and procedures such as:
- Applying planning as a management function within a dynamic environment
- Demonstrating an understanding of the basic principles of economics and the economy
- Identifying the various types of business communication in the logistics and supply chain environment
- Applying the principles of logistics management
- Explaining and applying transport economic, management and regulatory concepts and principles
- Business Management 1
- Economics 1
- Logistics Business Communication
- Logistics Management 1
- Transport Economics 1
- Supply Chain Management 1
- Business Management 2
- Business Information Systems
- Logistics Management 2
- Transport Economics 2
- Work Integrated Learning 1
- Elective: Marketing Management 2
- Elective: Procurement Management
- Financial Management 2
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management Systems 1
- Logistics Management 3
- Supply Chain Management 2
- Work Integrated Learning 2
- Elective: Procurement Management Elective: Marketing Management 2
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Diploma endorsement or equivalent English (1st or additional) 40% (E)
- Senior Certificate (SC) or equivalent English (1st or 2nd language) SG or HG – E and three subjects
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV) At least 50% in three fundamental subjects including English Plus at least 60% in three vocational subjects
- Completed National or Higher Certificate in Logistics Management or Transport Management (NQFLevel 5)
This programme must be completed within a minimum of three years and a maximum of five years with the option to re-register for outstanding modules after termination of studies (end of the fifth year).
Possible career paths
- Supply Chain Management
- Clearing and Freight Forwarding