Obtain comprehensive training in the different areas of logistics and supply chain from middle management and management through tools, development of knowledge and skills necessary for design, and the proper administration and operation of the supply chain.
Benefits of the program:
- You will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate, plan and implement solutions to problems in the supply chain and logistics with the help of analytical methods.
- You will translate business strategies in terms of the supply chain.
- You will develop and expand the vision and perspective of the supply chain and logistics.
- You can guide the activities of the supply chain to the customer service.
- You will increase productivity in the areas of logistics and supply chain.
- You will acquire knowledge of the use of software for decision making.
Supervisors, department heads and managers of the different areas of a company; It is not a requirement to have experience in the area.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Design and Operation consists of eight modules , totaling 120 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Logistics and Supply Chain (8 hours)
- Understanding the supply chain
- Strategy in the supply chain
- Supply Chain Functions
- Performance of the supply chain
Module 2. Operations Management and Supply Chain (16 hours)
- Definition of operations and sales planning (S
- S integration
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP- Material Requirements Planning)
- Manufacturing Resource Planning MRP II (Manufacturing Resource Planning)
- DRP Distribution Resource Planning (DRP Distribution Resource Planning)
- Tools that are used to support the S
Module 3. Inventory Management and Supply Chain (16 hours)
- Introduction to Inventory Management
- Inventory control
- Components in the cost of Inventories
- Analysis and monitoring in inventory management
- Inventory management in the supply chain
- Inventory performance measures
Module 4. Demand Planning and Supply Chain Design (16 hours)
- Facility location models
- Supply chain design
- Demand Planning
- Forecast Components
- Forecast Methods
Module 5. Transportation and Traffic (16 hours)
- The traffic area in the company
- Base organization, dependency and responsibilities
- Types of transport service, national and international: whole, consolidated, dedicated, door to door
- Impact and integration of the base transport cost
- Key aspects for the business
- Distribution: primary, secondary and last mile
- Supply Chain Mapping
- Transport selection factors
- Types of merchandise-cargo: loose cargo, container and packaging
- Planning and control according to the scenario of the operation
- Types of distribution: CEDI, CEDA, consolidation, "cross docking"
- Outsourcing: 3PL and 4PLs
- Planning and control of operation and loading
- KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Key controls: speed, rotation, profitability, tracking.
- Reference to ICT (information and communication technologies), SW available and its application to the areas of traffic and distribution
Module 6. Simulation of Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Operations (16 hours)
- Performance measures
- Variability effects
- Modeling of nodes in the supply chain
- Simulation of logistics problems.
- Analysis of the input information to the Simulation model
- Analysis of the output information of the Simulation models
- Modeling practice and practical problem solving
Module 7. Customer-Supplier Relations in the Supply Chain (16 hours)
- Concepts and definitions of sourcing strategies
- Relations in the supply chain
- Tools and techniques in supply management
- Lack of coordination in the supply chain and the whip effect
- Obstacles to coordination in the supply chain
- Building Customer Supplier Relationship Strategies
- Components of the strategy in relationships
- Strategy and the product life cycle
- Risk management in relationships
- Supplier performance evaluation
- Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment
- Relations with the provider and resource strategies
- Performance evaluation of suppliers
- Role of technology in relationships
Module 8. Information Technologies in the Supply Chain (16 hours)
- IT types used in the supply chain
- Order tracking and delivery confirmation
- Supply Chain Planning and Collaboration
- ERP systems and the supply chain
- Structure of information systems in the supply chain
- The future of Information Technology in the supply chain
- Risk Management in Information Technology
- IT outsourcing in the supply chain
- Case studies
About the School
El Tecnológico de Monterrey es una institución de carácter privado, sin fines de lucro, independiente y ajena a partidos políticos y religiosos. Fue fundado en 1943 gracias a la visión del empresario ... Read More