The international business diploma provides a solid foundation towards a career in international commerce, or as a business; the programme aims to develop skills required to make an assessment of the economic environment of companies and their strategies within the context of national and international environments.
Graduates of this programme will be able to work in supporting roles at most businesses and in particular in businesses that support international trade. The roles can be from sales and marketing to operations and planning.
The course duration is 30 months i.e. 2.5 years.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the different theories explaining trade flows between nations.
- Able to identify the opportunities and challenges created by international trade.
- Develop skills on developing effective international strategies and sourcing products internationally.
- Enhance the understanding the measure and manage accounting and economic foreign exchange exposures.
- 01 Communication Skills
- 02 Malaysia Studies
- 03 Business Mathematics
- 04 Basic Financial Accounting
- 05 Principles of Management
- 06 Bahasa Kebangsaan
- 07 Business Skill and Learning
- 08 Microeconomics
- 09 Islamic / Moral Studies
- 10 Fundamentals of Information Technology
- 11 Business Statistics
- 12 Fundamental of Marketing
- 13 Introduction to Business Ethics
- 14 E-Commerce
- 15 Cost Accounting
- 16 Organisational Behaviour
- 17 Introduction to Operation Management
- 18 Macroeconomics
- 19 English for Academic Purposes
- 20 Business English
- 21 Consumer Behaviour
- 22 International Marketing
- 23 Introduction to International Finance
- 24 Global Business Environment
- 25 Business and Company Law
- 26 Marketing Research
- 27 International Trade Practice
- 28 International Relations
- 29 International Business Strategy
- 30 Project
- Pass SPM with 3 credits; OR
- 3 UEC credits; OR
- 3 GCE O-Levels credits; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications from recognised institutions may be considered on a case-to-case basis; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognised by the Malaysia Government
- A credit in English at SPM or equivalent level
Applicants who do not meet the English requirement are required to sit and pass the English Entrance Test conducted by MDIS Malaysia.
Those who did not pass the English Entrance Test are required to enrol in the Certificate in English Language programme.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2017