Diploma in Interior Design
The programme aims to equip students with the ability to make decisions and solve problems that interior designers are confronted with. Students receive education in both the aesthetic and technical aspects required for professional practice.
Throughout the programme, students develop creative and innovative design abilities by working on individual projects which deal with the different aspects of theoretical, conceptual and practical design problems.
Students will be exposed to complex problem of modern environments in the context of style, taste, culture and humanity. The Institute maintains a close relationship with the industrial sectors in the country and endeavours to keep abreast with current developments in design and technology. At the end of the programme, students will be able to meet the challenges and demands of the design profession in an effective manner.
MAIN AREAS OF STUDY
- Fundamentals of Art & Design
- Design Projects
- Residential Project
- Commercial Project
- Recreation & Entertainment Project
- Educational Project
- Hotel Project
- Cultural Project
- Computer Aided Design
- Interior & Architecture Study
- Building Construction & Environment Study
- Furniture Study & Lighting Design
- Interior Specification & Contract
- Self-practice in Interior Design
- Designer in Architecture and
- Interior Design Firms
- Practice In Furniture Industry
- Showroom/Window Display Designer
- 3-D Visualizer
- Building Model Maker
- Colour Scheme Adviser
- Sales Personnel for Building Materials
- Exhibition/Event Designer
About the School
Founded in 1967 as a non-profit making organization, the Institute has trained thousands of professional artists, designers and musicians for the creative industries in this country.