This program is designed for students pursuing a career in IT. The coursework gives students an understanding of various computer systems as well as several recognized certifications commonly required of industry professionals. A 12-month co-op provides valuable work experience in the field.
- Canadian College IT diploma
- Cisco CCNA certificate
- Red hat system administrator certificate
- Comptia A+ Fundamentals certificate
- Microsoft server 2008 credit
- Over 960 hours of IT related work experience
- Easily upgradable career path
- Some Public university transfer courses
This program is intended to prepare a student for a career in Information Technology. At the end of this program student will be able to demonstrate skill with various computer systems, as well as an understanding of some of the management operations of a business within the IT industry, including marketing and business computer applications.
- High School Diploma, High School Completion Certificate, or equivalent.
- Students must meet one of the following language requirements: Canadian College English Placement test 130; Smrt English 130; IELTS 5.5 overall with a minimum score of 5.0 in each section; TOEFL iBT 46-59; CAEL 45.
The IT Co-op is an integral component of Information Technology Diploma program with Co-op as it provides students with essential real-world work experience in a Canadian English speaking business environment. The Co-op is designed to provide the students with two semesters of solid studies in their initial entry to the college. This is to effectively arm them with soft skill tools necessary for a quality twelve months (1000 Hours) Co-op with a Canadian organization.
Completing the initial first Co-op after six months (500 Hours) will allow the students to return to the college for the next Semester (250 Hours) of study before they enter their next six month (2nd) Co-op Term (500 Hours) prior to returning for their Final semester (250 Hours) of study, graduating and returning to their home countries armed with the necessary tools and training they need for their future careers.
As students return to their home country, the combination of a Western Canadian Diploma and Co-op is not only a competitive advantage, but also allows students the opportunity to understand and experience the cultural and business nuances that can only be gained from a prolonged hands-on experience. This program was design to provide students with effective management working skills that is necessary for the 21st century work place.
- Network technician
- Network administrator
- Service specialists
- CISCO engineers
- IT administrators
- Tech support
- Network specialists
- Linux administrators
- Field systems specialists
- Remote systems specialists
- System integration specialists