Significantly improves the quality and ease of maintenance of the information systems that are developed in and for a company. It provides the bases for the documentation of information systems development processes according to international standards and creates the registries for the evaluation and estimation of information systems projects.
Benefits of the program
- You will acquire in-depth knowledge of the IT project management methodology (APTI), which aims to provide a robust methodological structure, based on international standards and best practices, for the administration of development, maintenance and outreach management projects. -sourcing, in order for companies to increase the quality of their projects.
- You can implement processes that reduce costs, improve time control and minimize work within IT management.
- You will acquire the vision of application of the methodology from the levels of management, management, project leaders, clients and suppliers.
- You will be able to implement this methodology immediately, either incremental, partial or total.
- You will be able to implement higher quality, monitoring and control in the projects so that they conclude minimizing time and costs.
- The methodology is based on roles, activities, workflows, templates, policies and metrics, all this allowing the standardized management and optimization of IT projects of companies.
Directors or mid-level managers of medium-sized companies, as well as entrepreneurs.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Information Technology Project Management (APTI) consists of seven modules, which total 112 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Business Process Management (BPM) (16 hours)
- Background of BPM
- Fundamentals of BPM
- Approach of processes in information technologies (IT)
- Process modeling
- Process management
- Process simulation
- Available tools
Module 2. Specific Practices of IT Management (Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL) (16 hours)
- Introduction to service management
- User service center (Service desk)
- Incident Management
- Problem management
- Configuration management
- Change management
- Version management
- Service level management
- Financial management of IT services
- Capacity management
- Management of the continuity of IT services
- Availability management
Module 3. Rational Unified Process (Rational Unified Process, RUP) (16 hours)
- Introduction to the software development process
- RUP architecture
- Life cycle in RUP
- Disciplines of RUP
Module 4. Agile Methodologies (16 hours)
- Project management: predictive and agile dimension
- Evolutive development
- User stories
- Delivery plan
Module 5. Project Management (Project Management Institute, PMI) (16 hours)
- Project management reference frameworks
- Start processes
- Planning processes
- Execution processes
- Control processes
- Closing processes
Module 6. Economic Evaluation of Software Development Projects (16 hours)
- General context and definition of the decision (IT project) to analyze.
- Estimation of the costs and expenses of investment, operation and administration of an IT project.
- Estimation of the benefits of the IT project or decision to analyze.
- Financial economic studies.
- Presentation of business case report of an IT project.
Module 7. Planning and Control of Software Projects (16 hours)
- Scope of the project (Work breakdown struture WBS)
- Project duration planning (Critical path method CPM)
- Resource allocation
- Baseline cost
- Control of the project
- Use of project management software
- Project closure