This programme will equip students with fundamental knowledge and professional skills in information technology to prepare them for work and further studies in several areas of interest related to IT.
Students will learn about software programming, computing and information systems, database structures and technologies for web and computer networks.
Methods of Assessment
Each module will be assessed through a combination of class presentations, discussions, assignments, project work and/or written examinations.
Candidates who successfully complete all course work and pass the examinations will be awarded with the Diploma in Information Technology from MDIS.
- VMware vSphere:Install, Configure, Manage
- Human Computer Interaction
- Computing Systems
- Maths for Computing
- Ethical Studies in ICT
- Web Development Technology
- Data Communications and Networks
- Database and Information Management
- Programming Principles and Development
Applicants must be of age 16 and above and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Obtain at least a Grade 5 at GCE 'N' level in any 5 subjects
- Obtain at least a Grade C6 at GCE 'O' level in any 3 subjects (including Mathematics)
- NITEC (IT, Engineering and Multi-media related)
- Professional Certificate in Information Technology awarded by MDIS
- Other IT related qualifications or equivalent
- Mature applicants with insufficient academic qualification with relevant IT experience can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More