The Hotel Management Diploma combines practical hospitality courses, including rooms division, reception, and restaurant operations, with basic hotel management theory courses. With the Hotel Management Diploma, students can begin with entry-level positions in hospitality businesses.
This diploma includes the foundation years of the BBA in International Hotel Management, and serves as either an exit-point or as a way for students to extend their payment schedule with the extra internship.
INTAKES: Jan/Feb, Jul/Aug, Oct
Managers who have done their subordinates’ jobs, know exactly what it involves and therefore have a real advantage.
At Les Roches Marbella we ensure that our students are well-trained in Kitchen, Service and Rooms Division.
These three areas are taught outside a traditional class environment as students learn by doing. This learning style is called hands-on or craft-based learning. Hands-on learning is critical to gain the knowledge and skills you need to lead a hospitality organization in the future. This is the part of the program that many students enjoy most, where they learn leadership skills and build confidence.
The kitchens, dining rooms and rooms division areas are equipped exactly as they would be in a top hotel or restaurant. This is the perfect opportunity to learn how to work effectively in a team and learn to communicate between your fellow students and faculty before going on your first internship.
1) Age - Normally 18 years old and above. Applicants can be under that age provided they are 18 years old by the time they start their first internship.
2) Education - A High School Diploma or equivalent. Students must have completed (supported by an official Certificate / Diploma) at least six years (for the Diploma program) and at least 7 years (for the BBA program) of secondary education and provide evidence of it. Complete information on the school, including school transcript and/or certificate of public examination (including an explanatory note of the grading system) should be provided.
3) English Qualification - If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school, please enclose one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 525 points for the paper based test and 70 on the Internet Based Test (IBT).
- Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): Grade C - Please also send the statement of results with your detailed profile.
- IELTS : Academic Module minimum Overall Band Score of 5.5 and min 5.5 for each part (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission.
If you do not meet the above English language requirements, you have the possibility of registering on our Intensive English language program to acquire the entry English level.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 19, 2017