Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management Co-op
This one-year Diploma will give you the skills to begin and succeed in a career in hospitality and tourism. Enjoy a 3% early bird discount if you pay your tuition fees in full. We offer guaranteed Co-op placement in a field related to your program.
This program focuses on the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry, helping you to:
- Develop professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills, good customer service skills, leadership, and teamwork, ensuring that you are providing a high-quality product or service to your customers.
- Gain supervised practical work experience directly related to your academic and career goals.
- Become immediately effective within the hospitality and tourism industry through understanding the principles and procedures of a range of hospitality functions, including front desk operations, housekeeping, and food and beverage production.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent * or Mature student **
- Age 18 or older
- IELTS of 5.5 or equivalent for Non-native English speakers
*A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country are considered equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma if assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
See the pre-approved recognized assessment services below:
- World Education Services- wes.org
- The University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Comparative Education Service – learn.utoronto.ca/ces
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada- icascanada.ca
** Mature students must be at least 18 years of age and pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam.
You can expect to work in a range of industry roles, including:
- Desk Clerk
- Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Assistant Manager
- Food Service Officer
- Visitor Information Counsellor
- Conference Planner Assistant
- Booking and Reservations Officer
- Sales Assistant
- Travel Guide
- Resort Worker
- Room Service Clerk