Program Length: 2 years/ 4 semesters
The Hospitality – Hotel Operations Management program offers you the business skills and acumen to work in a wide range of areas within this multifaceted industry.
Among these areas are front desk management, housekeeping operations, food and beverage management and human resources planning.
Industry professionals lead your Hotel Operations Management courses in on-campus hotel suites as well as in an event centre and restaurant. In addition to hands-on courses, you also take part in a 14-week industry field placement that allows you to gain real world experience. This program feature ensures that you are truly sought after for employment upon graduation.
Further improving your employability is the fact that you graduate with important industry certifications such as Smart Serve, Safe Food Handlers and CPR.
Picture the look on guests’ faces as they walk into the gorgeous lobby of a world-class hotel, are greeted by a helpful concierge and warmly welcomed to a perfectly finished guest suite before enjoying a meal and exquisite service in the dining room. All of this is made possible by the hard work and dedication of graduates from the Hospitality – Hotel Operations Management program.
- During your Hospitality - Hotel Operations Management courses you have the opportunity to complete various exclusive experiential learning opportunities.
- You learn in state-of-the-art facilities and hospitality labs. These environments mimic real-world settings.
- Because classes are small in size, you work closely with your fellow peers as you will with your colleagues when you graduate. You also interact with experienced faculty members.
Qualified graduates may be eligible to participate in pathway programs with partnering institutions. These pathway programs allow students to receive degree credit for learning obtained at Centennial College. Our partners include:
- Algoma University, Ontario
- Davenport University, USA
- Institutes of Technology, Ireland
- Niagara College, Ontario
- Royal Roads University, British Columbia
- Vancouver Island University, British Columbia
- General manager
- Food and beverage manager
- Sales and marketing coordinator
- Housekeeping manager
- Front desk manager
- Meeting and event coordinator