Once the Diploma is successfully completed, the student can choose any of the six culinary specialties available to become a Specialist Chef or opt for the course to obtain the Executive Chef Postgraduate Diploma.
It is an 8-month program of multicultural coexistence with students from all over the world within the framework of the city of Barcelona, where you will not only learn cooking techniques, but you will live a life experience that will serve you for the rest of your life.
The Diploma Chef Program requires the student to achieve high performance, not only in culinary practice, but also involves an intense immersion in the future of international gastronomy, as well as the development of those skills and the empowerment of the attitudes required by the chef of the 21st century through the Lateral Skills and Vivential Learning modules.
Once the program is finished, the students access to Practicum Program, that allows them to value their learning and acquire more knowledge in a 3-month supervised Stage, in any of the more than 100 restaurants with which the CIB has agreements of collaboration.
1. Train the student to design, implement and supervise culinary services in restaurants or any other business in the catering and gastronomy sector.
2. Prepare the student to develop new product proposals and services in catering businesses owned by them or other parties.
3. Enable students to acquire a global culinary culture that allows them to exercise their work in any kitchen anywhere in the world.
4. Allow students to develop an integrated view of cuisine, its techniques, methodologies, functions, and functionalities to be able to design, propose and execute organizational improvements.
5. Allow students to see the big picture for the future of gastronomy and the world of catering and acquire the skills required to be a chef in the 21st century.
6. Develop skills and attitudes for teamwork.
7. Reinforce attitudes and acquire a methodology to develop creativity and innovation in cuisine.
8. Enable students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to become the main characters in their own future in the world of professional cuisine.
At whom it is aimed
At individuals who wish to create and innovate in the world of professional cuisine.
At cuisine professionals who wish to acquire advanced knowledge and become a chef.
At those who want to take the first step and move into the catering sector via cuisine.
At those who want to make cuisine their profession.
Requisites for admission
The 48 candidates accepted on this course tend to be individuals who, irrespective of their previous academic performance, have a passion for the culinary world.
Applicants do not need a university degree or prior baccalaureate; however, effective practical knowledge of basic culinary practice is recommended. For those who do not have this knowledge, there is a free program to increase knowledge and develop culinary skills (the Start Program) offered outside classroom hours. Your teachers will advise you on this issue.
1. Complete the admission form and submit documentation.
This process is completed online.
2. Admission test and level of Spanish language proficiency.
Even though we will provide you with the simultaneous translation pilot system, some knowledge of Spanish would be useful. The admission test will give is an indication of your level and of your personality traits, willingness to work and creativity.
3. Interview with the program coordinator.
You will have a telematic interview with the program coordinator, who will assess your compatibility with the group and your contribution to the same.
4. Admissions Committee.
Your application will be sent to the Admissions Committee, which will make the final decision based on information received during the process.
5. Approval and reservation.
If the opinion is positive, you will be able to enroll by paying for a place booking. Welcome to CIB!