Designs for the Future
If you already have a portfolio of design foundations courses, the Graphic Design, Diploma program is right for you. Diploma students master the fundamentals of design, typography, illustration and production procedures in creative communication projects. Students also learn how to meet the needs of clients quickly, creatively and economically. Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of fields, from film and TV to publishing and retail. Creatives with the ability to tell an impactful story through visuals are always in demand.
Upon graduation, Graphic Design graduates will have acquired the training and developed the portfolio necessary to interview for entry-level positions in advertising agencies, design studios, publishing houses, web development companies, corporate communications departments, and television studios.
This program consists of 75 credits over 5 quarters.
Magazines, newspapers, advertising agencies, publishing houses, engineering companies, builders, packaging, and web development companies all require the specialized skills of graphic designers.
- History of Art in Early Civilization
- Concept Development
- History and Analysis of Design
- Advanced Typography
- Electronic Design
- Production Procedures
- Photoshop for Prepress
- Digital Illustration
- Corporate Identity
- Dimensional Design
- Art Direction
- Design and Technology
- Foundation of Electronic Production
- Portfolio I
- Portfolio II
- Advertising Design
- Senior Project
- Digital Visual Composition
- Computer Animation for Multimedia
- Professional Development
- Fundamentals of the World Wide Web
- WS130 Web Site Development I
- WS230 Web Site Development II
Our alumni have taken a range of career paths, including specializing in web design, running their own design agency, designing for film and TV, and working for large corporations and small companies. Magazines, newspapers, advertising agencies, publishing houses, engineering companies, builders, packaging, and web development companies all require graphic designers.
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
- Program prepares students to work in in communication design
- Hands-on training by graphic designers who work in the field
- Build a portfolio to showcase work
- Innovative programming in a state-of-the-art environment
- Program consists of 75 credits over five quarters
- Graduating students receive a Diploma
Students learn essential design skills to produce graphics for print, web, brand development and other media. Graduates know how to use imagery for maximum impact and brand continuity.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge with a focus on digital graphic design.
- To master the basics in areas like colour, illustration, image manipulation and explore concept development.
- First-hand knowledge on product packaging, posters, art direction and branding.
- To provide solutions in a global and competitive context, as well as acquire an entrepreneurial vision.
- Preparation and training allowing you to seek employment within the design field.
- To influence and lead design innovation within a dynamic, evolving field.
Who Should Apply?
Students directly out of high school, or mature students who are ready for a career change or to build on the knowledge they have.
- Creatives with a strong focus on design
- Interested in technology and art
- Eager to learn new techniques related to programming and design
- Computer savvy and familiar with various programs
- Those who value merging creative endeavours with practical applications for an exciting career