Diploma in Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Co-op (Daytime and Evening Options)
This two-year Co-op diploma will provide you with specialist knowledge, soft skills, and all the ins and outs of hospitality and tourism management. Learn what it takes to be customer-driven with a five-star service approach while grasping fundamental skills in food hygiene and safety, accounting, and basic marketing concepts. The program prepares students to be job-ready with real-world experience for a world-class hospitality and tourism career. We offer guaranteed Co-op placement in a field related to your program. This program will provide you with the skills to aim for an entry-level qualification in the field of hospitality and tourism management. Enjoy a 5% discount if you pay your tuition fees in full. Start online, finish on campus.
This program helps you to:
- Gain specialist knowledge within all areas of hospitality and tourism from a national and international perspective.
- Realize the meaning of providing a five-star service in order to satisfy the needs of your customers.
- Learn about basic marketing concepts and terms as well as aspects of food hygiene and safety.
- Practice skills valued by all industries, no matter what role you’re in– soft skills and hard skills. You will also learn about the varied terminology for this industry.
- Discover financial knowledge in order to successfully analyze and interpret financial records for account keeping.
- Navigate job hunting and interviewing as well as helping you to uncover the importance of professional conduct.
- Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent or be at least 18 years of age and pass the Wonderlic test.
For non-native English speakers:
- Successful completion of TSoM EAP Level 2 or have the required IELTS of 4.5 scores or equivalent for Non-native English speakers
- Pass the TSoM English Assessment (written onsite or online with exam proctor)
You can expect to work in a range of industry roles including positions such as:
- Guest Service Agent
- Reservation Clerk
- Room Clerk
- Assistant Server
- Travel Counsellor
- Travel Information Agent
- Visitor Information Counsellor
- Banquet Server
- Food and Beverage Server
- Front Desk Agent
- Bell Desk Attendant
- Customer Service Representative
- Corporate Travel Consultant – Trainee
- Tourism and Hospitality Social Media Coordinator
- Event Personnel
- Jr. Tour Guide
- Visitors Centre Officer