Develop the elements and tools for financial management. Create models applied to this that allow you to incorporate them into your work tools. Additionally, he develops decision-making skills in matters related to corporate finance in the context of practical problems.
Benefits of the program
- You will work and share experiences with exhibitors and other participants, which will allow you to increase knowledge, skills and tools in the area of finance.
- You will practice financial simulation and review cases and exercises. At the end of the course, you will carry out an integrating field project based on the knowledge acquired.
Executives who are or are interested in developing in the area of finance, accounting and comptrollership, as well as those who have continuous contact with the area of financial administration.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Finance consists of eight modules, which add up to 112 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Financial Mathematics in Administrative Decisions (4 hours)
- Simple and compound interest.
- Conversion of interest rates.
- Present value and future value.
- Annuities: ordinary, anticipated.
- Amortization tables.
- Use of excel to solve problems related to the specified contents.
Module 2. Financial Analysis (16 hours)
- The financial information
- The financial statements: its structure and objectives.
- Financial tools to analyze.
- Structure of a financial report.
Module 3. Financial Planning and Administration of Working Capital (16 hours)
- Financial planning tools.
- The financial framework of current assets.
- Administration of accounts receivable.
- Inventory management.
Module 4. Analysis for Financing Decisions (16 hours)
- The financial function in companies.
- Financial structure and cost of capital.
- Important factors for the selection of financing.
- Bank credits.
- Financing through the stock exchange.
- Financial leasing.
- Limited purpose financial companies.
- Credits of development funds and development banking.
- International financing.
Module 5. Evaluation of Investment Projects (16 hours)
- Concept of the value of money in time.
- Present value, future value, annuities.
- Techniques for financial evaluation of projects: Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), recovery period.
- Estimation of cash flows.
- Impact of depreciation and taxes in the determination of cash flows.
- Mutually exclusive projects.
- Replacement decisions.
- Projects with different life.
- Projects with multiple IRRs.
Module 6. Money and Capital Market (16 hours)
- Introduction to financial markets.
- Mexican financial system.
- Money market.
- Capital market.
Module 7. Strategic Financial Decisions (16 hours)
- Strategic decisions on financial planning using financial reasons.
- Strategic decisions on working capital.
- Decisions on financing via debt and / or capital.
- Decisions on financial structure and cost of capital.
- Effect of financial leverage on the returns and risks of the shareholders.
- Decisions on dividend policy.
- Case integrator of the topics financial planning and administration of working capital: seafield.
- Case integrating the topics strategic projections and preparation of projected financial statements.
- Introduction to the financial simulator FINGAME.
- Integrated financial decision making in teams using the financial simulator FINGAME.
Module 8. Integrative Field Project (12 hours)
- Presentation of field projects carried out by the participants, where the financial tools acquired during the course are put into practice.