The Diploma in Finance (DFIN) programme is designed to develop students’ skills in analyzing and planning, with the ability to resolve finance, investment and business issues.
DFIN graduates can choose to progress into the following:
- BSc. (Hons) in Actuarial Studies, Sunway University
- BSc. (Hons) Financial Analysis, Sunway University
- BSc. (Hons) Financial Economics, Sunway University
- Bachelor of Business, Victoria University
- and other degree programmes.
A holistic and wholesome learning approach is adopted with the aim to provide students with a broad-based education, in areas of finance while dealing with measurement of economic activities and communicating financial information for decision making.
Obtaining a Diploma in Finance is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Financial Analyst as it creates opportunities for careers in the financial, investment and business sectors.
January / March / July
Assessment & Examinations
The major objective of the assessment and examination procedures is to improve student learning and measure their comprehension.
Final grades reflect:
- 40% Coursework
- 60% Final Examination
- SPM / O-Level: Pass with minimum 3 credits including Mathematics and English
- UEC: Pass with minimum 3 Bs including Mathematics and English
- Other Qualifications: Any other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
English Language Requirement
- For students who did not achieve Credit in SPM / O-Level / UEC English subject:
- Sunway Intensive English Programme (IEP) - Minimum Level 4
- IELTS - Minimum Band 5.5
- Other equilavent
Graduates with the Diploma in Finance can expect excellent career prospects, good starting salaries and a fast career progression track with the strong technical skills acquired in this diploma course. It will place them in good stead for flexible career options and opportunities in the financial industry.
The option of further educational advancement is also possible through the diploma.
Graduates of Diploma in Finance – pathway to a career as:
- Financial Analyst / Planner
- Economics Analyst / Researcher
- Finance Manager
- Fund Administrator
- Commodities Trader
- Investment Banker
- Assistant Controller
- Consumer Credit Officer
- Securities Broker
About the School
For almost 30 years Sunway University has established a reputation both in Malaysia and overseas, as an inspiring educational leader. Perfectly harnessing the highest quality of academic personnel and ... Read More