The Diploma in Film Making focuses on intensive theoretical and practical training in all aspects of film and TV production. Digital film and animated element creation is examined and construction techniques are explored in depth. Students use individual computer workstations in our Film Lab and utilise our Film Post Production Studio in developing their creative and technical skills using various industry software and control surfaces.
Who should take this programme?
- Anyone wanting a solid grounding in the theory and practice of creative design and film making
- Individuals interested in working professionally in television or film
- Enthusiasts and hobby film makers wishing to become professionals
- Anyone wanting to stay competitive and enhance their employability in a rapidly changing job market
SKILLS AND OUTCOMES
- Develop storylines and treatments
- Plan and shoot a wide range of content
- Integrate live-action footage and elements of 3D annimation
- Manage media assets
- Create titles and credits for screen productions
- Collaborate in a creative process
- Ensure a safe workplace
- Record sound on location
- Apply special effects
- Camera Operator
- Video Editor
- Special Effects Artist
- Visual Designer2D or 3D Animator
- Video Producer
- Video Post Production Engineer
- Lighting Technician
Students must be 17 years of age or older.
Students should have NCEA Level 1 in Maths and Science, or equivallent; OR adult entry if 20 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements
Students must have a good command of both oral and written English.
Students who do not speak English as the first language, current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a band score of at least 6, or equivalent must be supplied.
Students may be required to attend an entrance interview.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Registration Fee : $500
- Programme Fee : $10,997
- Total Fees : $11,497
Programme fees may be paid by Student Loan or Direct Credit and must be paid in full prior to the start of the course.
- Enrol By: 16 Jan 2017
- Start Date: 16 Jan 2017
- End Date: 15 Dec 2017