The Forefront of Fashion
Do you love fashion and telling compelling stories? The Fashion Marketing program merges creativity with storytelling. LaSalle College Vancouver’s Diploma program exposes students to fashion from the business side of the industry. In the digital world, fashion marketing experts are more in demand than ever. At LaSalle College Vancouver, students gain cutting-edge strategies to help boost in-store, and online traffic and work with fashion marketing industry standards to analyze consumer behaviour.
Students are introduced to foundation skills such as colour theory, fashion sketching, costume history, digital imaging and introductory retail skills.
They later move on to topics such as concepts and trends in apparel, merchandise management, textiles and fabrics, advertising and marketing, elements of retail operations and technology, manufacturing, retail mathematics, consumer behaviour, business ownership, media buying, human resources, accounting, store planning and lease management.
Prior to graduating, students concentrate on developing a portfolio, securing an internship, and turn to topics on e-commerce and web marketing.
This program consists of 90 credits over 6 quarters
- Colour Theory
- Digital Imaging
- Survey of the Fashion Industry
- Textile Fundamentals
- History of Fashion
- Digital Illustration for Fashion
- Trends and Forecasting
- Professional Development and Portfolio
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Introduction to Fashion Marketing
- Fundamentals of Advertising
- Business Fundamentals
- Consumer Behaviour
- Brand Strategy
- Brand Marketing
- Principles of Market Research
- Media Planning and Buying
- Business Communications
- Public Relations
- Visual Merchandising
- Sales and Event Promotion
- Merchandise Management
- Event and Fashion Show Production
- Current Designers
- Fashion Writing
- Retail Mathematics
- International Marketing
- Website Development
- E-Business and Marketing
- Fashion Design Elective
The faculty encourages creativity and provides the opportunity for students to learn hands-on skills using traditional tools as well as industrial equipment similar to those found in the fashion design field.
The combination of professional marketing skills and technical knowledge is designed to prepare students to seek entry-level positions in the fashion industry such as a retail management, visual merchandisers, assistant merchandise buyers, and store planners.
Graduates work in the fashion business in retail management, visual merchandising, social media management, content building and buying. Graduates also enter the exciting world of marketing and fashion PR.
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
- Opportunities to participate in fashion shows and photo shoots
- Hands-on learning from instructors in the field
- Access to faculty with extensive industry experience
- Learn on current industry technology
- Program consists of 90 credits over six quarters
- Graduating students receive a Diploma
- Students develop a portfolio
After the styles have been sketched, developed and produced, it’s the marketing experts who draw consumers to the clothes. The Fashion Marketing program balances individual creativity with sales prowess and exposes students to the knowledge and skills needed to effectively market companies, create advertising campaigns and identify appropriate messaging to target demographics.
- Foundation skills such as colour theory, fashion sketching, costume history, digital imaging and introductory retail skills.
- An understanding and knowledge of the history of fashion.
- The fundamentals of the fashion business, from advertising to consumer behaviour.
- Fashion writing, media buying and public relations.
- To develop, analyze and implement proven marketing strategies.
- Concepts and trends in apparel, merchandise management, textiles and fabrics, advertising and marketing, elements of retail operations, technology and manufacturing.
Who Should Apply?
Students directly out of high school, or mature students who are ready for a career change or to build on the skills they have.
- Those with an interest in fashion and marketing
- Enjoys social media and communication
- Eager to be challenged and inspired
- Strong sense of style and appreciation for design
About the School
Located at the bottom of the west coastal mountains, LaSalle College Vancouver has welcomed students from around the world. LaSalle College Vancouver is an award winning higher education provider offe ... Read More