The Diploma in Fashion Marketing and Communication is a diagnostic foundation programme to gain the necessary skill-set and knowledge to confidently apply to a suitable undergraduate course in the discipline of Fashion.
The objectives of the programmes are:
- To offer a holistic introduction to Fashion Marketing and Communication, combining industry awareness, technical expertise, and verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- To provide a sound knowledge base of concepts in Fashion Marketing, Communication and Retailing, while exploring branding and design influences.
- To provide an essential awareness of the global fashion system to understand how fashion and lifestyle brands interact with their consumers through a variety of media and channels.
- To provide the guidance to create a portfolio - suitable to apply for Bachelor of Arts programmes in Fashion-related disciplines - that shows creative research, wide cultural references, concept development through mixed media work including digital work.
- To provide the first-hand experience of the Fashion Industry, through live projects with industry partners, participation in local and international competitions, industry visits and events.
Methods of assessment
All assessment is based on 100% coursework. Students are expected to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and skills in the form of verbal and visual presentations, written essays and reports, 2D Visual research and development of work, 3D prototypes, portfolio work and exhibitions.
- Communication Principles
- Fashion History and Culture
- Fashion Image: Photography and Styling
- Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
- Fashion Experimentation
- Experience Design
Applicants must be of age 16 and above, and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Grade D or Grade 5 in any 3 GCE N Level subjects with one year of related working experience;
- Grade C6 in any 2 GCE O Level subjects;
- NITEC (in Fashion Apparel Production & Design, Visual Communication, Product Design, Retail Services, Digital Animation, Digital Audio & Video Production and Visual effects may have up to 2 modules exemption);
- Higher NITEC (in Visual Merchandising, Event Management, Filmmaking, Interactive Design, Performance Production and in Retail Merchandising may have up to 2 modules exemption);
- For mature applicants 21 years old and above without the above-mentioned qualification, minimum 3 years of relevant working experience is required;
- Other equivalent qualifications from recognised institutions can be considered on a case-by-case basis.