DIPLOMA IN FASHION DESIGN
The Diploma in Fashion Design covers all aspects necessary to meet the increasingly sophisticated and technologically advanced needs of a Creative Practitioner within the fashion design context and industry. It also covers all day-to-day activities and skills required of a successful fashion designer. Students are trained and exposed to related roles and job opportunities in the fashion design practice, textiles, editing/journalism, styling, fashion design retail and the apparel industry.
To be admitted to the Diploma in Fashion Design, applicants must:
- be older than 18 years of age at registration
- have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) at NQF level 4 issued by Umalusi OR
- have a National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV) level 4 issued by Umalusi OR
- have a Grade 12 or recognised equivalent qualification certified by Umalusi or an international equivalent examination board.
Applicants of 23 years and above who do not meet the admission requirements may also be admitted based on their workplace experience and Academy-specific entrance assessments and interviews.
Applicants must provide:
- A Certified copy of your academic transcripts or latest school report
- A motivation essay – a 500-word essay on:
- Why are you interested in fashion design?
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- How will a qualification from Elizabeth Galloway Academy help you achieve your goals?
- Two (2) Written references – 2 Written references and the contact details of these 2 people (not family or friends).
- A Certified copy of your ID/Passport
- Application Form
Diploma applicants who have been accepted are eligible to apply for fee assistance. For more information, see the guideline and application form at the back of this booklet.