Want to be a mover and a shaker in the oil and gas industry? As a student in the Energy Asset Management program, you’ll study the business side of the energy industry and learn to handle contracts, leases, regulatory obligations, and accounting tasks. You’ll leave SAIT with the skills you need to confidently enter the high-demand field of energy asset management.
As a student of the program, you will learn about all functions within the industry (including an appreciation for the technical side of the business) and will graduate with relevant skills in the administration of the regulatory, financial and contractual compliance workflow pertaining to the energy industry assets. As a graduate of this program, you will have career opportunities in the petroleum industry in such areas as mineral land, land contracts, surface land, joint ventures, operations accounting, production accounting, well and facility asset management, as well as within various energy service companies, governments, and field operations.
Graduates of the Energy Asset Management program have an 88% employment rate.
- Joint Venture Specialization establish agreements and partnership arrangements
- Mineral Land Management acquire and preserve below-ground rights
- Surface Land Management acquire and preserve above-ground land activity
- Well Asset Management
- Monitor activity, gather information and report to regulatory bodies and partners
- Operations Accounting
- Gather, calculate and report production and financial data
After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive a SAIT diploma in Energy Asset Management.
There are no formal accreditation arrangements at this time. Please contact the MacPhail School of Energy for more information.
The opportunity to advance your education through transfer to, within or from SAIT is available with the following universities and colleges:
- Athabasca University
- Mount Royal University
- Robert Gordon University, UK
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Wyoming
SAIT / SAIT
Admission and Selection
- Fall 2020 start: applications open October 2, 2019.
Applications are accepted until the program start date.
- Start Dates: September 8, 2020
- Length: 2 years
- Tuitions and fees per year:
- Year 1: $10,255 (domestic) / $17,564 (international)
- Year 2: $10,255 (domestic) / $17,564 (international)
*Tuition, fees, books, and Supply costs are subject to change
About the School
Established in 1916, SAIT in Calgary, Canada is a global leader in applied education and offers 100+ career programs, 1,300+ continuing education courses and corporate training courses to more than 20 ... Read More