(Offered at the Hialeah & Homestead campuses)
To prepare students for the Florida Electrolysis Council Examination to become a licensed Electrologist.
CLOCK HOURS: 320
This Electrolysis program will prepare students to be able to work alongside doctors in the growing industry of permanent hair removal. The demand in this field has been steadily increasing since it was developed in 1875. While there are more advanced forms of hair removal, Electrolysis is still a very important method because it does not only treat all hair types with permanent results, but it is also the prerequisite to obtaining a Laser Hair Removal license. Students receive the necessary training to remove hair from the face and body using specialized equipment and techniques.
- HIV110 HIV/AIDS (10 Hours)
- EL101 INTRODUCTION TO ELECTROLYSIS TECHNIQUES & MODALITIES (15 Hours)
- EL102 COORDINATION SKILLS WITH PROBE HOLDER & FORCEPS (5 Hours)
- EL103 INSERTIONS (15 Hours)
- EL104 BACTERIOLOGY (10 Hours)
- EL105 SANITATION/STERILIZATION PROCEDURES (10 Hours)
- EL106 BASICS OF ELECTRICITY (5 Hours)
- EL107 HANDS ON EQUIPMENT GALVANIC, THERMOLYSIS, & BLEND (15 Hours)
- EL108 BIOLOGY OF HAIR GROWTH (10 Hours)
- EL109 INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM (10 Hours)
- EL110 SKIN ASSESSMENT (15 Hours)
- EL111 ENDOCRINE SYSTEM (10 Hours)
- EL112 CIRCULATORY & NERVOUS SYSTEM (10 Hours)
- EL113 CLIENT ASSESSMENT (10 Hours)
- EL114 CONSULTATION (20 Hours)
- EL115 BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (10 Hours)
- EL116 FLORIDA LAW FOR ELECTROLYSIS (10 Hours)
- EL117 VISUALS/LIBRARY (10 Hours)
- EL118 CLIENT PRE/POST TREATMENT (5 Hours)
- EL119 GENERAL TREATMENT PROCEDURE (105 Hours)
- EL120 EXAM PREPARATION (10 Hours)
- CLIENT/SKIN ASSESSMENT; PRE/POST TREATMENT (15 Services)
- CONSULTATION/GENERAL TREATMENT (120 Services)
- COORDINATION SKILLS (20 Services)
- HANDLING EQUIPMENT, MODALITIES OF ELECTRICITY (15 Services)
- REVIEW/EXAM PREPRATION (10 Services)
- SANITATION/STERILAZATION (190 Services)
- VISUALS/LIBRARY (10 Services)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Health (DOH).
Note: All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Electrolysis, Thermolysis and the Blend: The Principles and Practice of Permanent Hair Removal Book, Electrolysis Exam Review: An Excellent Guide for Students of Practitioners Preparing for Regulatory or National Certification Book, and The Blend Method Book.
Equipment / Materials
Students will receive a uniform, an equipment bag and an electrolysis kit with all the necessary instruments and materials to perform the required services.
After a student completes 320 hours, services, exams and fulfills all financial obligations to the school, a diploma will be awarded.
Completion time depends on the number of hours the student attends weekly. Based on a 25 hour per week schedule, the normal time frame of completion would be 3 months.
Method of Payment
Tuition and fee payments may be arranged on a weekly or monthly basis. The first payment is due on the first day of class, and on the same day of every week or month thereafter.
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
|Tuition||Fees||Books & Supplies||Total|
|$ 2,500.00||$100.00||$ 420.00|
Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula.
About the School
Beauty Schools of America® provide students with high quality beauty industry training programs covering the limitless areas of the beauty and spa industry.