The Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme prepares you for careers in the Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication, and Manufacturing environments. This programme offers a broad-based study in the areas of electrical and electronic engineering.
- A range of modules in the electrical and electronic engineering spectrum is provided.
- Other skills necessary for the workplace are also provided. These include communication skills and life-long learning skills.
- You will be equipped with the knowledge and expertise to face the challenges of business development in a wide range of electrical and electronic industries.
- The Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at APIIT provides a significant amount of hands-on experience. The curriculum requires 6 semesters of laboratory experience in electrical and electronics. Hands on experience provide necessary experience in designing engineering solutions, dealing with implementation issues, and using engineering tools. In addition, you will be exposed to seminars & competitions to be part of the engineering world.
Diploma Admission Requirements
Admission requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 Credits in SPM with a Credit in any Mathematics (Maths or Ad Maths) and a PASS in any Science Subject (Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Science & Technology or General Science). The student must Pass BM and Sejarah to pass the SPM; or
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and ONE (1) relevant science/technical/vocational subject at the SPM level; or
- Recognised Certificate in Engineering/Engineering Technology or its equivalent; or
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical/Skills Certificate or its equivalent with ONE (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of ONE (1) semester of a bridging programme; or
- 3 Credits in O Levels with a Credit in any Mathematics (Maths or Ad Maths) and a PASS in any Science Subject (Chemistry, Physics, Biology or General Science); or
- A qualification that APIIT accepts as equivalent to the above
- English for Academic Purpose
- Engineering Mechanics
- Foundation of Engineering Mathematics
- Practical IT Skills
- General Studies module
- Professional Communications
- Business Environment
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Electrical and Electronic Principle
- Analysis of Circuits
- Instrumentation and Measurements
- Design Principles
- Digital Electronics
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller Systems
- Analogue Electronics
- Problem Solving and Program Design using C
- Organizational Behaviour
- Generation, Transmission, and Protection
- Control Systems
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Communication Engineering Principles
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following engineering degree programmes offered at Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU):
- B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- B. Eng (Hons) in Electronic Engineering with a specialism in Information Technology
- B. Eng (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering
- B. Eng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
In today’s workplace, employers are looking for individuals who possess the ability to anticipate and exceed their customer’s needs and deliver quality service as well as technical skills. The Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme provides the balance required to achieve this.
The career prospects for holders of the Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering include working as technicians or engineering assistants. Your career could be in industries using low power applications including radio and television, computers, and telephones to high power plant construction and design, or working in manufacturing industries including aerospace, electrical equipment, personal electronics, computer electronics, medical electronics and telecommunication equipment. There is also great demand in the marketing and sales areas of technical products where you could be employed as Sales Engineers doing marketing and sales of technical products. At the same time, you can work as an Assistant Engineer. At this level, you conduct standardized tests, prepare data for reports, and perform other routine engineering tasks.
About the School
The Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology offers a range of programmes which are designed to produce highly employable graduates, by providing our students with an internationally benchmark ... Read More