LIMITED NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR UP TO $3000 ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. APPLY TODAY.
Ever thought about making a career out of your love for the film? Our Digital Filmmaking professional diploma program offers 18 months of intense film training, preparing you for a variety of roles in the growing film industry across Canada. The program combines both traditional film studies – such as the filmmaking process and the history of film and cinematography – with solid hands-on technical and artistic training in a studio environment to prepare students for careers in film.
FILM SCHOOL TRAINING
As a student in our Digital Filmmaking program, you will be immersed in a real movie studio setting, learning film production techniques, including the equipment, skills, and protocols necessary to work as a crew member on film, video or TV location shoots.
Digital Filmmaking program highlights include:
- Working from start to finish on some productions, in rotating roles. You might be directing or running camera operations during one shoot, and heading up sound or lighting on the next project.
- Working with industry professionals – specialises in sound, cinematography, directing, and otherwise – in class and on mentored film shoots.
- Exploring some of the areas of specialization that you might decide to focus on – documentary filmmaking, sound for film and video, broadcast production, post-production, cinematography and more.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE DIGITAL FILMMAKING PROGRAM, YOU WILL GRADUATE WITH:
- The tools and know-how needed to create a demo reel to show off your best work and help land your first job.
- A well-rounded background in crew work around sets and in pre and post production.
- Some polished individual short films that you can enter into film festivals and competitions.
- A solid understanding of how the film industry works and what the current demands are, along with the business and networking tools you need to work towards your dream career.
CAREERS IN FILM: DIGITAL FILMMAKING
Film school students at Centre for Arts and Technology gain hands-on production experience in a number of areas, making them suitable for a variety of film careers. These include:
- Director of Photography
- Camera Operator
- Lighting Technician
- Production Assistant
- Location Audio
- Production Designer
- Documentary Filmmaker
- Assistant Director
- Independent Filmmaker
- Production Designer
PROGRAM START DATES
There are four starts within the calendar year: January, April, July, and October. Many of our programs have multiple starts, however, not all campuses offer all four starts, and not all programs are offered during each start. For the most up-to-date information, contact a Program Advisor.
Although the Centre encourages applicants to submit applications a minimum of six weeks before program commencement, with permission, late applications may still be allowed. All applications received less than six weeks before program start require the seat reservation deposit paid in full as well as all other admissions requirements to be completed at the time of the application.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 12, 2018