Implement data science in your organization to support decisions through supporting analysis.
Benefits of the program
- You will acquire in-depth knowledge of the methodology to implement data science.
- You can implement data mining techniques so that the company benefits from the use of knowledge.
- You will be able to implement this methodology immediately, either incremental, partial or total.
- You will know applications of data science about different areas in the industry.
- You will practice on current industry cases.
Information professionals and their related areas; professionals from all areas that use and require knowledge in IT; technical and administrative staff related to the use of IT.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Data Science for Business consists of four modules, which total 96 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Introduction to Data Science (16 hours)
- Define the science of data.
- Relationship of statistics, machine-learning and mathematical models with data science.
- Process of a data science project.
- Field of application for data science.
- Define the role of the data scientist within the organization.
Module 2. Data Preparation (16 hours)
- Describe the types of data analysis.
- Identify the different types of data.
- Translate business questions into data set.
- Identify the relevance of data preparation and quality: Garbage In, Garbage Out (GIGO)
- Perform exploratory analysis of the data.
Module 3. Machine Learning Algorithms (24 hours)
- Descriptive analysis
- Predictive analysis
- Machine Learning
- Analytical algorithms
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in the experimental designs.
Module 4. Case Studies (40 hours)
- Creation of a data science team.
- Data science in retail and customer service
- Data science in financial and insurance services.
- Science of data in social networks.
- Data science for marketing and telemarketing.