Diploma in Cybersecurity Specialist Co-op
This one year program is ideal if you are looking to becoming familiar with all aspects of cybersecurity such as Blockchain, Big Data, IOT, etc. This course will also allow you to get practical experience of tools and techniques that are widely used in this field.
This program will allow you to:
- Study computer systems and networks and assess risks to determine how security policies and protocols can be improved
- Anticipate information security risks and implement new ways to protect organizations’ computer systems and networks
- Handle computer communication across multiple operation systems
- Respond to security alerts, uncover and fix flaws in computer systems and networks
- Utilize technologies to perform or prevent cyberattacks of various types
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent * or Mature student **
- Age 18 or older
- IELTS of 5.5 or equivalent for non-native English speakers
*A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country are considered equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma if assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
**Mature students must pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam
See the pre-approved recognized assessment services below:
- World Education Services- wes.org
- The University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Comparative Education Service – learn.utoronto.ca/ces
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada- icascanada.ca
** Mature students must be at least 18 years of age and pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam with a minimum score of 15.
Graduates of this diploma will be able to aim for roles in multinational companies including positions such as:
- Informatics Security Analyst
- Systems Security Analyst
- Security Administrator
- Security Software Developer
51 weeks, including scheduled breaks