The Diploma in Culinary Management has been designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to succeed as the managers of tomorrow in the hospitality and restaurant industries at international level.
Le Cordon Bleu Diploma in Culinary Management focuses on education in culinary skills, gastronomy and management. The programme is interactive with advanced cooking techniques (modernist / molecular / multi sensory cuisine) being the capstone unit of the programme supported with a diverse range of management skills required within the modern professional kitchen environment. Culinary Management emphasises innovation, creativity and application of theory to practice.
This course is ideal for Le Cordon Bleu culinary arts graduates who want to pursue their studies in the culinary management field.
This Level 4 diploma is unique as it combines advanced knowledge and skills in culinary arts as well as a focus on business, operations and management. It is composed of:
- Advanced culinary courses: learn and master cooking techniques, recipe and menu planning, current food trends, innovative concepts and sensory skills including level 3 Award Food Hygiene in Catering, awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- Key operational and management disciplines: understand and hone all the skills to manage a successful and efficient operation including fundamentals of kitchen management such as supply chain, turnover, costing, leadership and staff management
- Business and marketing: deepen the skills required to create strong business model highlighting the importance of marketing in the restaurant industry
Students graduating from the course will be equipped with the skills to become managers in the hospitality and restaurant industries across the world, as well as business owners in their own right.
Examples of potential positions:
- Executive Chef/Manager
- Restaurant manager
- Food and beverage executive
- Food entrepreneur
- Food product developer/researcher
- Events coordinator
Le Cordon Bleu students are multicultural, international, innovative, open minded and flexible,they are eager to learn – which are very important skills for us.
Emil Minev - Executive Chef - Shangri-La at the Shard
200 hours over 10 teaching weeks & 1 week assessment
Hours per week: Approx. 20 hours
Le Cordon Bleu Diploma or Grand Diplôme or equivalent culinary qualification
please contact the school to schedule a meeting prior to enrolment. Please note you will have to purchase the knife kit and uniform at additional costs (£630).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017