QUALIFYING PROGRAMS IN GASTRONOMY
Within the privileged atmosphere of the Château de Ferrières, and taking benefit from the skills and facilities of Ferrières, the School of French Excellence, offers a full range of Cuisine, Pastry and Oenology workshops. Each diploma is a full-time training course which allows for the highest level of instruction in the fields of :
The training gives each participant the best French culinary techniques in order to further their professional objectives. All these courses are taught in French and English.
This specialised training centre welcomes individuals and professionals (French and Internationals) to further their knowledge in culinary arts and to open up to new perspectives.
PROGRAMME DURATION OF CUISINE DIPLOMA
6 months of theory and practical applications divided in 2 trimesters – 600 hours (excluding internship), including :
- Tuition, uniforms, knives set, educational visits, conferences
- 8 week-internship. Possibility of an extension up to 6 months
- The qualification will be validated after the 8 week internship.
Students can register for the first trimester only and undertake the second trimester at a later date (for a limited time).
This qualification is taught in French and is translated into English consecutively.
PROGRAMME CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
INTRODUCTION TO FRENCH CUISINE
- Culinary terminology and definitions
- Learn how to use professional knives
- Cutting techniques (e.g., vegetables)
- Preparations and “Mise en Place”
- Classical French cuisine techniques
- Learn how to make stocks, sauces, stuffings and pastries
- Learn different cooking methods
- The origin of products and their influence on regional cuisine
- Enhancing kitchen professional skills
- Enhancing techniques and presentation
- Seasonings and flavours in classical French cuisine
- Platters and dishes presentation techniques
- Introduction to different taste combinations, colours and textures
CLASSICAL AND CONTEMPORARY CUISINE « HAUTE GASTRONOMIE »
- Precision and efficiency in a kitchen environment ( responsibilities and role-play)
- Master complex methods and techniques
- Work on recipes using rare and luxury products
- To master Haute Gastronomie and contemporary menus
- Set up menus in accordance with seasons
- Master presentation and decoration
- Develop personal creativity (individual work on a recipe)