It facilitates the most useful and effective management tools and managers for corporate financial management. Implements solutions for the generation of value in a company, based on a project valuation approach supported by a quantitative practical analysis.
Benefits of the program
- You will use financial analysis to make investment decisions.
- You will understand the administration of resources as a fundamental part of the expansion potential.
- You will evaluate complex investment and leasing projects, using advanced techniques, such as decision trees and real options.
- You will develop and implement real financing strategies in Mexico.
- You will create value through the administration and quantification of financial risk.
- You will implement strategies to cover market risks that generate immediate value.
- You will perform calculations, analysis and system development in Excel and VBA in an agile, orderly and automated way.
- You will manage and implement projects through Microsoft Project.
Professionals in corporate finance, such as positions in investment banking, analysts or appraisers of companies and projects; directors of financing, financial difficulties and mergers and acquisitions (M
Content of the program
The Diploma in Corporate Financial Management consists of nine modules, which total 120 hours of study.
Module 1. Excel and VBA (24 hours)
- Introduction to Excel.
- Fast handling of the interface (Hotkeys).
- Types of data and common errors in the handling of information.
- Operations and basic functions.
- Consultation of external databases (WEB).
- Autosum, Sort and Filter.
- Elaboration of advanced graphics (Double scale, double type).
- Linking Excel objects to PowerPoint.
- Methodology of work ordered in Excel.
- Advanced functions
- Tables and dynamic charts.
- Analysis tools.
- Goal Seek and Solver.
- Automatic tables.
- User interface in Excel.
- Macros recorder.
- Introduction to the Microsoft Visual Basic interface in Excel.
- Programming oriented to objects and events.
- Programming Fundamentals.
- Control structures.
Module 2. Financial Mathematics, Probability and Statistics (12 hours)
- Present and future value.
- Annuities and amortization funds.
- Descriptive statistics.
- Biniomial distribution.
- Normal distribution.
Module 3. Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements (12 hours)
- Financial Accounting.
- Financial statements.
- Horizontal and vertical analysis.
- Financial reasons.
- Dupont Analysis.
Module 4. Resource Management (Excel) (12 hours)
- Cash flows.
- Money market.
- Capital market.
Module 5. Valuation of Investment Projects (Excel) (12 hours)
- Estimation of cash flows.
- Working capital
- Profitability indicators.
- Comparative analysis of profitability indicators.
Module 6. Project Management (Microsoft Project) (12 hours)
- Project management.
- Types of projects and resources.
- Stages of a project.
- Project Portfolio.
- Microsoft Project.
Module 7. Real Financing Sources (12 hours)
- The financial crisis and the current economy.
- World and national economic scenario.
- The credit in Mexico.
- Types of credit.
- Service lines.
- Credit administration.
- Support programs.
Module 8. Risk Management and Valuation (Excel and VBA) (12 hours)
- Types of risk.
- Sensitivity analysis
- Value at risk.
- Valuation of projects in probabilistic scenarios.
- Probabilistic risk measurement.
Module 9. Market Risk Control Strategies with Derivatives (Excel) (12 hours)
- International financial markets.
- The derivatives markets in Chicago and Philadelphia.
- Characteristics and current situation of the Mexican derivatives market (Mex-Der).
- Exchange rate and interest rate risk.
- Most common instruments that are quoted in derivatives markets.
- Valuation of derivative products.
- Combinations with options: Bull
- Real options: Put-Call parity. Valuation of Junk Bonds.