(Offered at the Hialeah, Miami, Homestead & South Beach campuses)
To prepare students to meet the State of Florida mandated requirements to become a licensed Facial Specialist, as well as a professional Makeup Artist. To help students build their confidence and prepare them for the real world. CLOCK HOURS: 900
The Comprehensive Facial and Makeup program is designed for students to achieve the highest quality skills in the field of Skin Care and the creative techniques that are demanded of today’s Makeup Artists. This course combines two disciplines to equip students with the knowledge, skills and attitude to work in a wide range of capacities throughout the beauty and health industry. Students will develop proficiencies in skin care, makeup beauty secrets that all professional Makeup Artists and Skin Care Specialists should know. Students undergo extensive classroom and practical training and will have the opportunity to use their skin care skills in real life spa setting; ensuring they are fully prepared to enter the job market with the skill and confidence of a professional. They will also have the chance to build a portfolio in order to showcase their work and have an advantage when looking for work in this competitive field.
- HIV104 HIV/AIDS (4 Hours)
- BMU101 MAKEUP (36 Hours)
- CMU101 FACIAL MAKEUP (15 Hours)
- CMU102 COMPLETE MAKEUP (20 Hours)
- CMU103 INDUSTRY MAKEUP (40 Hours)
- CMU104 VINTAGE MAKEUP (25 Hours)
- CMU105 AIRBRUSH MAKEUP (25 Hours)
- CMU106 AVANT-GARDE MAKEUP (15 Hours)
- CMU107 FACE & BODY ART (36 Hours)
- CMU108 SPECIAL EFFECTS (55 Hours)
- CMU109 CAREERS AS A MAKEUP ARTIST (5 Hours)
- SKI101 ETHICS (2 Hours)
- SKI102 PRODUCT CHEMISTRY (10 Hours)
- SKI103 HAIR REMOVAL (8 Hours)
- SKI104 BASICS OF ELECTRICITY (10 Hours)
- SKI105 SANITATION (14 Hours)
- SKI106 FLORIDA LAWS FOR SKIN (5 Hours)
- SKI107 SKIN THEORY, DISEASES & DISORDERS OF THE SKIN (85 Hours)
- SKI108 FACIAL TECHNIQUES & CONTRAINDICATIONS (130 Hours)
- SKI109 ADVANCED FACIAL TECHNIQUES (30 Hours)
- SKI110 ADVANCED FACIAL DEVICES (30 Hours)
- SKI111 ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES (30 Hours)
- SKI112 AYURVEDA THEORY & TREATMENTS (30 Hours)
- SKI113 BOTANICALS & AROMATHERAPY (30 Hours)
- SKI114 ADVANCED SKINCARE MASSAGE(30 Hours)
- SKI115 SPA TREATMENTS (30 HOURS)
- SKI116 SALON & SPA MANAGEMENT (150 HOURS)
- AIRBRUSH MAKEUP (5 Services)
- AVANT-GARDE MAKEUP (3 Services)
- CAREER AS A MAKEUP ARTIST (1 Service)
- COMPLETE MAKEUP (4 Services)
- FACE & BODY ART (7 Services)
- FACIAL MAKEUP (3 Services)
- INDUSTRY MAKEUP (8 Services)
- SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKEUP (11 Services)
- VINTAGE MAKEUP (5 Services)
- EYELASH APPLICATION (10 Services)
- FACIALS (40 Services)
- HAIR REMOVAL (20 Services)
- LASH & BROW TINTING (10 Services)
- MAKEUP APPLICATION (10 Services)
- MANUAL EXTRACTIONS (5 Services)
- SET/USE/MAINTAIN ELECTRICAL DEVICES (5 Services)
- ADVANCED HAIR DEVICES (10 Services)
- ADVANCED HAIR REMOVAL (10 Services)
- SANITATION (120 Services)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Milady’s Standard Esthetics Fundamentals Textbook and the BSA Comprehensive Makeup book.
Equipment / Materials
Students will receive a uniform, an equipment bag, a facial and makeup kit with all the necessary instruments and materials to perform the required services.
After a student completes 900 hours, services, exams and fulfills all financial obligations to the school, a diploma will be awarded.
Completion time depends on the number of hours the student attends weekly. Based on a 25 hour per week schedule, the normal time frame of completion would be 8 months.
Method of Payment
Tuition and fee payments may be arranged on a weekly or monthly basis. The first payment is due on the first day of class, and on the same day of every week or month after that. Federal Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
The Higher Education Act of 1965 requires proprietary and vocational colleges to provide an eligible program of training to prepare students for Gainful Employment. Below you will find information for related occupations listed for Comprehensive Facial and Makeup. The web link will provide information for tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, work context, job zone, education, interests, work styles, work values, related occupations, wages and employment trends, other sources and additional information. Also included is the on-time graduation rate, tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, job placement rate, and median loan debt incurred. CIP Code: 12.0406
CIP Description: Makeup Artist Specialist Comprehensive Facial and Makeup includes occupations such as Skin Care Specialists and Makeup Artists. SOC Code: 39-5094
SOC Description: Skin Care Specialists
http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-5094.00 SOC Code: 39-5091
SOC Description: Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
Overall Placement Rate: 84.88% On-time Graduation Rate: 70% Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula. Students borrowing for the Comprehensive Facial and Make-Up program have a median loan total indebtedness of $8576.00. Monthly payments for the Direct Loan program can start at $50.00. To calculate your monthly repayment amount for your total student loan borrowed you can access www.finaid.org/calculators. Median Loan Debt for Private Educational Loans after graduation: N/A Median Loan Debt for Institutional Loan debt after graduation: N/A
|Tuition||Fees||Books & Supplies||Total|
|$ 12,272.00||$100.00||$ 574.50||$ 12,946.50|
|Room & Board||Total with Room & Board|
About the School
Beauty Schools of America® provide students with high quality beauty industry training programs covering the limitless areas of the beauty and spa industry.