This program focuses on student learning in the area of Business Communications. Through a mix of competency and outcome-based learning, the student will gain skills and experience through individual and team-based instruction. Building on a base of Canadian business best practices in sales and marketing, the student will learn how to use various forms of communication to efficiently and effectively deliver and execute a variety of business and sales requirements. The Co-Op student will then go on to apply these lessons to their job placement while gaining work experience.
- Business Presentations and Practices
- Applied Leadership in the Workplace
- Communication for Customer Satisfaction and Excellence
- Practical Business Calculations
- Business Communication Essentials
- Introduction to Canadian Business Management
Upon the completion of this diploma, the successful student will:
- Have a good understanding of business terms, theories and organizational structure for Canadian business.
- Be able to use basic mathematics for everyday business calculations.
- Demonstrate the ability to write and present an effective presentation.
- Be able to write various correspondences and be familiar with various forms of business communications.
- Have developed their own leadership styles and techniques.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service in a person-to-person sales relationship whether it is face-to-face, online, or over the phone.
- Be able to successfully apply these skills to a real working environment.
Free-Photos / Pixabay
For programs with work experience component(s) list the number of hours of instruction for each work experience component of the program. List the work experience element in the order in which it is provided along with the other courses in the program.
|Title of Course/Work Experience Component||# of Hours|
|Business Presentation and Practices||80 Hours|
|Applied Leadership in the Workplace||80 Hours|
|Communications for Customer Satisfaction and Excellence||80 Hours|
|Practical Business Calculations||80 Hours|
|Business Communication Essentials||80 Hours|
|Introduction to Canadian Business Management||80 Hours|
|Job Search||20 Hours|
|Co‐op (22.50 hours/week x 24 weeks)||540 Hours|
|Total Program Hours||1080 Hours|
Co-op Work Experience
The paid Co-Op Work Experience portion is an important part of the practical side of this program. This is where the student applies the theoretical lessons learned in the academic class to the real world. It is designed to give the student experience in a Canadian work setting that supports the learning objectives of their class.
Over the course of the academic program, Co-Op students will take a four-week Job Search course. This course will run in the afternoon and prepare them for the Co-Op section. It will help students with researching employment opportunities, understanding their own strengths and weaknesses and building a professional image.
Throughout the academic and Co-Op portions of this program, you will receive the support from our Co-Op Coordinator who will work with you to help find a suitable work opportunity and assist you to successfully complete the Co-Op portion of the program. At the end of the work experience, the student is required to come back to VGC and complete their two-week Capstone portion of this program before graduating.
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $8900
- Co-Op Fee: $1200 – includes a four-week job search class, two-week capstone, and job placement.
- Material Fee: $280
- Textbook Fee: $450
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $70
- Complete high school or be a mature student of 18 years and older.
- Reach an IELTS 5.5 (academic) or TOEFL 70 or equivalent or achieve a VGC Level 6 Upper Intermediate or pass the VGC placement test.
- Pass an admissions interview
- Complete high school.
- Pass an admissions interview.
About the School
Thank you for your interest in VGC International College. We know that the decision to choose a school is an important one and we are honored that you are considering us.