In just two years, you will learn the basics of accounting through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on expanding employable skills. While this School of Business offering includes the quality features of all Centennial College accounting programs, it will concentrate on building proficiency in financial and managerial accounting, and on fostering in-depth knowledge of accounting software. Communication and analytical skills will also be emphasized, as they are essential for career success.
Start with a diploma, end with a degree! Successful graduates of this program will have the opportunity to apply their credits towards further study at the degree level.
- Junior (Entry-level) Accountant
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Accounts Receivable Officer
- Credit and Collections Officer
- Fixed Asset Management Officer
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Officer
Areas of Employment
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Credit and collections
- Fixed asset management
- Inventory control
- Managerial and cost accounting
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 11 or 12 C, M or U, or equivalent or take a Centennial College Math Skills Assessment for Admission
For applicants who are currently attending high school in Ontario, your midterm and final grades will be transmitted automatically to the college.