Program Length: 2 years/4 semesters
Centennial College’s Business – Accounting program is for students who are seeking excellent accounting related training in a short time frame. In just two years, students will learn the basics of accounting through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on expanding employable skills. While this Business - Accounting program includes the quality features of all Centennial College accounting programs, it will concentrate on building proficiency in financial and managerial accounting, and on fostering in-depth knowledge of accounting software. Communication and analytical skills will also be emphasized, as they are essential for career success. Graduates of this School of Business offering will be able to look forward to rewarding employment opportunities in a wide range of business sectors.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent documentation/transcripts from country of origin, or mature student status (19 years or older). - English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent demonstration of English language proficiency (minimum grade/score required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission (score of 160 or 161 required). - Mathematics Grade 11 or 12 C, M or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Centennial College Math Skills Assessment for Admission.
- Meet English Requirements for Diploma Programs. - Students will be placed in the appropriate English level based on skills assessment results. This may lead to additional courses and require extra time and fees.
- In the Business – Accounting program, students will build the strong skills foundation necessary for pursuing a profession in accounting. - Professors in the School of Business have strong academic backgrounds, deep subject matter expertise, and extensive business and management experience. - Small class environments and leading edge information technology infrastructure maximizes the learning experience. - Many classes will be taught in lab environments that are fully equipped with an integrated network of computer systems. - Students’ transition into the workplace will be made easy with training in industry standard accounting software.
Start with a diploma, end with a degree! Successful graduates of this Business - Accounting program will have the opportunity to apply their credits towards further study at the degree level. Listed below are the degrees from partnering universities that are available for this program. Students should note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify for transferring credits. All of the partner institution’s admission requirements must be met.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) – OCD Accounting - Bachelor of Commerce - 2 Year, direct entry - Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) - Bridge - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Adult Education and Digital Technology
Royal Roads University
- Bachelor of Commerce – Entrepreneurial Management - Bachelor of Business Administration in Sustainability and International Business
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) - International Accounting and Finance
Program taught in: