Learn the most relevant financial concepts of our current environment and acquire the tools and techniques that allow you to apply what you have learned in your work environment. Understand the financial implications of your decisions and get better communication with your colleagues.
Benefits of the program
- You will be able to communicate with the personnel of the financial area of the companies and you will improve your professional positioning.
- You will understand the elements of the economic environment that affect the financial decisions of companies.
- You will analyze the financial statements.
- You will carry out investment projects and evaluate them with the best tools.
- Understand the functioning of financial markets and build a portfolio of personal investments.
- You will have an effective method to perform financial planning.
Entrepreneurs, owners of SMEs, professionals who work in areas other than finance and who need to update their knowledge and / or learn the basic financial language and tools of business.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Applied Finance for Non-Financials consists of six modules, which total 120 hours of study.
Module 1. The Economic-Financial Context of the Businesses (16 hours)
- The economic environment of the country, the most relevant situation indicators for decision making.
- The economic policy of the state.
- Monetary policy and fiscal policy and decision making.
- The regulations of the financial markets; current situation and its dynamics.
- The financial authorities of the country.
- The perspectives of the Mexican economy.
- The economic environment and investments.
Module 2. Managing the Cycle of Operations of the Company (16 hours)
- The accounting regulations.
- The main financial statements; position, results, changes in position and changes in equity.
- Basic tools for the analysis of financial information; financial reasons for the operation, indebtedness and profitability.
- The management of working capital: the cash cycle.
- The administration of inventories and credit of suppliers; rotation, terms and systems of displacement.
- Credit management to clients and the portfolio; terms, rates, factoring, etc.
- Cash management and temporary investments.
Module 3. The Money and Capital Markets (16 hours)
- The Mexican financial market.
- The applicable regulations.
- The market participants.
- The dynamics of market development.
- Capital market; main instruments, characteristics and their valuation.
- Money market; main characteristic instruments and their valuation.
- Financial mathematics applicable to the aforementioned valuation processes.
- Asset valuation models.
- Portfolios and risk diversification.
Module 4. Methods for Financial Evaluation of Investment Projects (24 hours)
- The investment strategy of the company.
- The investments and long-term financing of the company.
- The capital structure of the company and its cost of capital.
- The investment project; typology and characteristics.
- The scarce resource and the cost of money.
- The concept of cash flow and its differences with accounting flows.
- Types of cash flows; definitive, recoverable investment, of capital, of working capital.
- The concept of profitability and risk.
- The horizon of the project; the concept of time for projections.
- Valuation methods; net present value, internal rate of return, payback, discounted payback, net present value index, capital method.
- Inflation and the exchange rate.
- Simulation processes and scenarios.
- More sophisticated methods to manage the risk of investment projects.
Module 5. Financial Decisions with International Impact and Risk Management (24 hours)
- The international markets.
- The offer: the instruments.
- The participation of Mexican companies in the debt and capital financial markets.
- The exchange rates.
- The futures and forwards markets.
- The risk in international markets; the hedging instruments for the different needs of the companies and for the investor in general.
Module 6. Financial Planning and its Alignment with the Strategy of the Company (24 hours)
- Analysis of the environment and the particular industry of the company; Porter model for the analysis of the profitability of the industry.
- Analysis of the causes of the profitability of the company; UO, UN, ROA, ROI; ROE, financial leverage, etc.
- The EVA @.
- Analysis of the cash flow of the company.
- Comparison with the industry, conclusions on the sustainability of the profitability of the company.
- Cost analysis and financial planning.
- Relationship of cost structure, infrastructure capacity and results
- The valuation of the company.