Develops the necessary skills to formulate and implement a strategic business plan, which allows the company to improve its capacity to generate value.
Benefits of the program
- You will develop your perspective on agribusiness in Mexico.
- You will strengthen the capacity to generate value in business activities that revolve around agrifood production.
- You will implement operational, financial and market risk management models.
- You will launch projects focused on improving access to local and export markets.
- Increase efficiency and quality in the management of agribusiness operations.
Owners, partners, directors and managers of agribusiness, as well as professionals who offer consulting in innovation and development of alternatives for companies that participate in the value chains associated with the agri-food sector.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Agribusiness has nine modules, totaling 108 hours of study.
Module 1. The Agribusiness Environment in Mexico and the World (12 hours)
- The sectors and productive branches
- Growth and development
- Bases of agrarian legislation
- Current situation and prospects
- Participation of the Mexican agri-food sector in the global environment
- Sources of information and data
Module 2. Formulation and Implementation of a Strategic Business Plan (12 hours)
- Definition of the concept of strategic business plan.
- Delimitation of strategic priorities, definition of scenario, structure of objectives
- Definition of mission and vision
- Analysis of the current situation
- Formulation of strategies
- Prioritization of strategies
- Formulation of the action plan
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of the operational plan
- The communication of the strategic plan to all the members of the company.
Module 3. Computer Applications for Agribusiness (12 hours)
- Identification of the key indicators for the continuous improvement of the company.
- Process design
- Design of the information system associated with the process
- Design of the data capture system
- Design of the data processing system to generate information
- Design of the information reporting system
- Balanced scorecard
- Applications to production control systems in agribusiness.
- Applications to the costing system and financial information reporting.
Module 4. Analysis, Development and Integration of Agrifood Markets (12 hours)
- Understand the concept of the market from the perspective of marketing.
- The demand for agri-food products
- The supply of agri-food products
- Define a marketing strategy and maintain a competitive strategy viable
- Know the variables that should be present for the design of market studies in the field of agri-food products. Become familiar with the databases that may be of interest in order to obtain information about the market.
- Use techniques that help analyze and predict the market demand in which the company develops its activity.
- Development of a market intelligence system.
Module 5. Development of Management Skills for Agro-entrepreneurs (12 hours)
- Importance of management skills in the competitiveness of agribusiness
- Necessary skills in entrepreneurs and administrators
- Leadership: key skill for effective leadership
- The habit of planning in the short and long term
- Management of work meetings
- Recruitment and staff selection
- Effective interpersonal and intergroup communication
- Problem analysis and decision making
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Stress management
Module 6 Quality, innocuousness and good productive practices
- Health as a basis for the agrifood business.
- Institutions, agencies and legislation related to health and safety
- Good practices
- Certification processes
- Global trends on safety and animal welfare
Module 7. Administration of Operations in Agribusiness (12 hours)
- Design of the business operation system (CANVAS)
- Selection and analysis of appropriate technology
- Balance of matter, energy and other resources
- Analysis of activities and processes
- Projection of results through budgets
- Analysis of results and balance levels in the process.
- The advantage of partnership and strategic alliances
Module 8. Formulation of the Financial Plan and its Evaluation (12 hours)
- The financial plan
- Analysis and evaluation of the financial plan
- Analysis of scenarios
- Sensitivity analysis
- Financial evaluation under conditions of uncertainty.
- Development and management of control boards to follow up the business plan (Balance Scorecard)
Module 9. Formulation of the Business Plan (12 hours)
- Strategic guidelines as a starting point to draw the business plan.
- Statement of the mission and long-term vision.
- Principles and values of the company (what gives character)
- External and internal analysis (PESTEL and SWOT)
- Definition of strategic objectives (long term)
- Definition of indicators and goals for strategic monitoring of the business plan.
- Financial evaluation of the strategic business plan.
- Analysis of risks associated with the strategic business plan