You will develop the necessary skills to improve, with an integrated and results-oriented sense, the performance of all aspects related to the direction or management of purchases or supplies.
Benefits of the program:
- You will design effective purchasing strategies that help improve the availability of materials or the quality of services based on better planning.
- You will obtain better agreements with your suppliers, which will foster long-term relationships, trust and collaboration in a win-win environment.
Directors, managers, warehouse managers and / or purchases with at least one year of experience, who are in matters of logistics, materials, purchases, traffic.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Advanced Purchasing Administration consists of seven modules , totaling 112 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Administration of the Purchasing Area (16 hours)
Learn the most relevant aspects of the management of the purchasing department that every manager or manager must master.
- General objectives.
- Impact of purchases in the business
- Purchasing Process
- Identification of requirements.
- Specifications, acceptance criteria and performance.
- Market study.
- Types of purchasing procedure
- Criteria for the selection and evaluation of quotations
- Preparation of information and quotation requests (RFx).
- Driving the hiring process
- Types of contracts.
- Administration and organization.
- Advantages and disadvantages of different organizational structures.
- Politics and procedures.
- Main performance indicators.
- Training and professionalization
Module 2. Management of the Relationship with Suppliers (Supply Relationship Management) (16 hours)
Identify the importance of the selection, evaluation of the best sources of supply and know the most relevant aspects in the development of suppliers and continuous improvement.
- Definition of Supply Relationship Management
- Buying for new or small companies.
- Measurement and evaluation of supplier performance: KPI's (key performance indicators).
- Certification and recognition of the provider.
- Identification and selection of sources of supply.
- Sustainable development and purchases
- What is the development of suppliers?
- Key factors to design a good plan for the development of suppliers.
- Development and management of effective relationships with suppliers.
- Types of partnerships and / or strategic alliances.
- Shopping clusters
Module 3. Negotiation: Obtaining the Best Deal (16 hours)
Train the participant in the art of negotiating, always looking for the win-win relationship. In addition to using the techniques to achieve improvements in all possible aspects.
- What is a business?
- Characteristics of the successful negotiator.
- Modern relationship between client and supplier.
- Analysis of purchasing behavior in different markets.
- Assertive communication.
- Emotional intelligence
- Self-esteem and motivation
- The stages of negotiation (planning-opening-concessions-agreement).
- Results of a negotiation
- Power of negotiation
- Risks when negotiating.
- Negotiation strategies and tactics.
- Cultural elements in international negotiation.
- Ethics in the purchasing function: principles, control and transparency.
Module 4. Finance Applied to Purchases (16 hours)
Know the basic financial aspects for the analysis of proposals and decision making.
- Shopping cycle - payment.
- Financial tools for the analysis of quotes.
- Financing through the provider.
- Structure and cost analysis of materials.
- Calculation of internal inflation.
- Cost-benefit evaluation.
- Analysis and control of budgets.
- Importance of the exchange effect in the use of different currencies.
- Basic financial reasons for supplier evaluation.
- Credit letters.
- Instruments of price coverage.
Module 5. Buying the Required Quality (16 hours)
Analyze the importance of understanding the concept of quality applied to purchases.
- Importance of quality
- The concept of quality in purchases.
- Solution of quality problems with suppliers or users.
- Impact of quality on costs.
- Establishing quality levels.
- Measurement of quality.
- How ISO affects the purchasing activities.
- Quality records.
- Development of indicators to measure improvements in quality.
- Participation in multifunctional teams (eg improvement projects).
Module 6. Strategies for Value Improvement and Cost Minimization (16 hours)
Identify the mechanisms that all procurement departments have to generate value and know the implementation techniques that ensure their successful application.
- Strategic purchasing plan.
- Positioning matrix
- Exploit the purchasing power / create competitive advantages
- Recommendations for the implementation of the plan
- Strategy to do vs. buy (insource vs. Outsource).
- Strategy rent or lease vs buy.
- Strategy repair vs. buy
- Development and implementation of standardization programs.
- Methodology of value analysis.
- Reverse auctions
- Measurement of savings (reduction of costs / avoided costs)
Module 7. Management of Warehouses, Inventories and Logistics (16 hours)
Know the operational and strategic management of inventories and their role in improving the competitiveness of the company.
- Difference between purchases, materials and logistics.
- Administration of supplies, inventories and warehouses.
- Forecasting and purchasing planning.
- Organize, control and minimize the inventory of materials.
- Management and disposal of obsolete materials, slow movement and waste.
- Applied technologies in storage.
- International transport and logistics operators.
- Reverse logistics
About the School
El Tecnológico de Monterrey es una institución de carácter privado, sin fines de lucro, independiente y ajena a partidos políticos y religiosos. Fue fundado en 1943 gracias a la visión del empresario ... Read More