Our Accounting Courses range from Beginner to Advanced level and are aimed at people who work or who wish to work in a role that requires Accountancy skills.
Kensington and Chelsea College has been accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) to deliver its accounting qualifications. AAT is a professional qualification and membership body. Its qualifications give students practical skills to work in a range of finance and accounting jobs. People with AAT qualifications go on to work at all levels and in all sectors of the economy with some running their own accountancy practices.
Only AAT Approved training providers are allowed to deliver the AAT Accounting Qualification and they must first go through a rigorous verification process. We are delighted to be offering the AAT Accounting Qualification. Our tutors bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise in training accountancy students. Jane Scott Paul, AAT Chief Executive said: ‘Every business needs well trained finance staff and an AAT qualification demonstrates to a prospective employer that you have the skills to do job. Gaining a recognised accountancy qualification with AAT is the first step into a professional finance career.’
The AAT Level 2 course covers a range of basic accounting practices and techniques from costing as well as double entry book keeping to computerised accounting. The course will also provide you with practical and theoretical understanding of systems in the modern workplace. AAT Level 2 comprises of 5 papers (Basic Accounting 1, Basic Accounting 2, Basic Costing, Computerised Accounting and Work Effectively in Accounting and Finance) and on successful completion you will be awarded the AAT Certificate in Accounting.
The AAT Accounting qualification at Level 3 gives you the skills to work in a wide range of accounting and finance positions and is recognised in many countries around the world. The course is designed for people who wish to improve their career prospects by gaining professional qualifications in accounting and finance.
Level 3 Diploma for Accounting Technicians Skills learned: administrative and management processes, preparing final accounts for small businesses, cost accounting recording, preparing reports and returns.
This course comprises a total of six modules:
- Individual modules may be taken separately, subject to approval. Advice given on request.
- Progression to AAT Level 4.
- Further professional study and career progression in Finance and Accountancy.
- GCSE Grade C English (or equivalent) and GCSE Grade C Maths (or equivalent).
- Successful completion of AAT Accounting Certificate/Foundation NVQ (Level 2) or equivalent Level 2 Accounting qualification and AAT Registered.
- Please note all learners enrolling on the AAT courses are required have AAT student membership costing £82 (plus £38 one-off admission fee). Registering as a student member with AAT will allow you to:
- Study with your training provider (KCC)
- Campus: Kensington Centre
- Times: Mon 09:30 - 17:00