The Diploma In Audio Engineering focuses on intensive theoretical and practical training that forms a natural progression for developing sound recording and mixing skills. Graduates are able to apply and demonstrate a solid grounding in all aspects of working with professional commercial music and audio within the industry. SAE Institute's Diploma In Audio Engineering achieves solid grounding in all aspects of working with commercial music, audio and film related industries.
Who should take this programme?
- Individuals wanting a solid grounding (theory and practice) in professional audio applications
- Those interested in working professionally in the field of audio
- Anyone has worked with audio as a hobby, but is interested in making it a profession
- Individuals wanting to stay competitive (and employable) in a rapidly changing job market
YOU WILL LEARN
The course is designed to provide you with the essential skills and knowledge in audio engineering including:
- Analogue and digital console theory and practice
- Multi-track recording
- Microphone theory and techniques
- Signal processing and effects
- Mixing techniques
- Signal flow
- Sound system set up and tuning
- Monitoring systems
- Wireless systems
- Workplace safety
- Assistant sound engineer
- Studio sound recordist/engineer
- Mix engineer
- ProTools operator
- Live sound engineer
- Dubbing engineer
- Mastering engineer
- Broadcast engineer
- Audio post-production
- Music and dialogue editor
- Location recordist
- Music producer
- Electronic musician
- Sales and installation
- Consultancy, education and associated careers
- Stage manager
Students must be 17 years of age or older.
Students should have NCEA Level 1 in Maths and Science, or equivallent; OR adult entry if 20 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements
Students must have a good command of both oral and written English.
Students who do not speak English as the first language, current International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a band score of at least 6, or equivalent must be supplied.
Students may be required to attend an entrance interview.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Registration Fee : $500
- Programme Fee : $11,871
- Total Fees : $12,371
Programme fees may be paid by Student Loan or Direct Credit and must be paid in full prior to the start of the course.
About the School
SAE has been delivering outstanding industry-focused education since 1976. We have set the benchmark for tertiary level qualifications in creative media because we know these industries and we know ho ... Read More