The aim of the qualification is to develop the student’s applied and cognitive competencies in the acquisition, interpretation, understanding and application of management information and decision support. The student should be able to analyse and explain company and environmental data, information and systems in the context of a company and its business environment, and to assess and interpret the external impact of decisions. The student should also be able to reflect on his/her managerial decisions and applications to assess the effect thereof in the holistic context of specialised management functions in industry, in order to contextualise their learning to their business environment, and to appreciate improvements and interventions they can affect in their working environments.
Exit level outcomes:
The qualifying student should be able to:
- Demonstrate detailed understanding and acquired knowledge to apply different manufacturing, operations and services to an organization in a way that improves organization development and effectiveness. This can involve design, installation, commissioning and implementation of control systems, improvement systems and strategies and new ideas useful in addressing “specific needs” required for operations process/system to function optimally
- Understand and apply strategic management services and strategies required to organize, plan, lead and control a system and operational processes to function optimally
- Analyse, prepare and apply the dynamics of systems management and design in order to maximize organizational performance, development, efficiency and effectiveness
- Apply Management Services techniques in order to make sound decisions required for assisting in the efficient and effective running of an organization.
- Apply different management services practices principals, methods, techniques and ideas in order to improve overall organizational planning, operational, tactical and strategic implementation and performance
- Illustrate by means of submitting a project based on a research methodology illustrating knowledge, application and implementation of management services techniques, ideas, principles, theories and strategies in order to optimize operational processes and the use of resources.
Admission Requirements and Selection Criteria
Refer to Faculty Regulation EB3 for the minimum admission requirements for the Senior Certificate (until 2008) and the National Senior Certificate (from 2009).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 2, 2017