Duration: 12 months Internship: 4 / 6 months Fees: 2500 USD Industrial placement or Internship Program as seperate course for 6 or 12 months. Internship program: 645 USD for 6 months, 1000 USD for 12 months. Each course in the following program can be taken separately on the 3 / 6 months basis and issued by the certificate or 12 months diploma.
- Introduction to Hotel Industry
- Classification of hotels
- Attributes of a good receptionist
- Basic of charging & food plans
- Front-office functions
- Functional organization
- Guest cycle (reservation, arrival, occupancy, departure)
- Reservation, Whitney system
- Cooperation of Front-Office with housekeeping
- Message handling
Food & Beverage Service
- Introduction to Hotel Industry
- Introduction to catering - types of catering
- Restaurant - types of restaurants, staff organization of various restaurants,
- Restaurant service, arrangements of sideboards, loading / carrying of trays
- Types of menu, accompaniment & garnishes, beverages systems, banquets & buffets
- Practical hands-on trainings: order taking, napkin folding, arrangement of the side boards, types of service, loading and carrying of light and heavy trays, set up of breakfast cover, lunch and dinner. Beverage practical (limited): alcoholic / non alcoholic.
- Introduction to professional kitchens
- Introduction to Cookery
- Hierarchy and layout of Kitchen Department
- Equipment and Fuels Used in the Kitchen
- Basic Menu Planning
- Basic Principles of Vegetable Cookery
- Classification of Fruits and Their Uses in Cooking
- Soups, Sauces, Salads
- Introduction to Meats
- Introduction to Fish and Shellfish
- Introduction to Eggs
- Seeds, Nuts, and Spices
- Introduction to Rice, Cereals, and Pulses
- Methods of Cooking
- Basics of Bakery and Confectionary
- Basic Commodities Used in Bakery and Pastry
- Bread Fabrication
- Basic Sponges and Cakes, Pastes, Creams, Fillings, and Sauces
- Laminated Pastries
- Basics of Indian Cooking - Condiments, Herbs, and Spices used in Indian Cuisine, Masalas and Pastes. Understanding Commodities and Their Usage in Indian Kitchen. Basic Indian Cravies
Outlines of duties & function of staff, organizational chart. Importance of housekeeping department, principles of cleaning, types of rooms / beds, areas of responsibility, lost & found, room status. Daily cleaning of guestrooms & bathrooms, evening services, cleaning of vacant room, daily cleaning of public areas, cleaning agents & equipment. Interdepartmental co-operation, maids trolley, housekeeping report, interior decoration & flower arrangement. Interdepartmental co-operation, maids trolley, housekeeping report, interior decoration & flower arrangement.
Cookery & Bakery
An ideal career course in which housewife, hotelier, caterer and student; all can utilize their creative talents. This course provides a stimulus to candidates to work independently and earn a good income. Soup: types of soups, important points to remember when making soups Gravies: different types of gravies and their preparations Rice: points to note when making rice dishes Cakes: different types of cakes and icing, different methods of making cakes Breads: methods of making bread Salads: types of salads, parts of salads Sandwich: types of sandwiches, methods of making sandwiches. Practicals: Soups, chicken, biryani, vegetable dishes, cakes and icing bread and sandwich.
Principals of Management
Basics of management: definitions, planning, hierarchy of objectives, management by objectives, management by exceptions. Organizing: nature of organizing, formal and informal organizational structure and process of organizing, authority and responsibility, decision making. Staffing & Directing: purpose of staffing, recruitment and selection, training and development, performance appraisal, principals of direction, leadership, motivation, communication. Controlling: concept of management control, nature of control, needs for control, significance and limitations of control, types of control, process of control, control techniques.
18 years of age with successfully completed 12 (10+2) year secondary education. Please note that students must be at least 18 years of age to commence an industry internship. Hospitality orientation and good personality. Please contact the Admissions Office for details.
We will be happy if you can also
- Be committed to academics and practical learning and your own personal development
- Be motivated towards a future career at a supervisory level in the international hospitality industry
- Demonstrate curiosity, tolerance, and open-mindedness toward other cultures
- Set yourself realistic goals for your time at GSIHM in India
The course includes 20% of theory and 80% of practice.(Weekly practical trainings and 3 semesters of paid internships in hotel industry in India, Russia, Dubai) During the course you will get knowledge about common structure of hotel: 1) Food and Beverage Division Departments: Kitchen, Restaurant, Bar, Banquets, Room service, Disco, Bakery and Confectionery, Delicatessen 2) Accommodation Division Departments: Front-office, House-keeping, Health club, Laundry, Hotel engineering , Landscape, Gardening. 3) Staff Administration Division Departments: Human Resourses, Sales and Marketing, Finance and accounts, Information technology, Security
Practical Trainings in Goa - Resort Facility
Practical trainings in Goa are organized in Resorte Marinha Dourada. Resort is located in the scenic village of Arpora just minutes away from the famous Baga beach. Very quiet and green place. The resort has been awarded the Thomson Holidays, U.K. Gold Award for Best Accomodation. Resort Marinha Dourada houses a spa, an outdoor pool and a gym, wedding&banquet parties, health&beauty health club. Guests can play a giant game of chess, or go boating at the lake. The resort’s open-air restaurant serves Indian and Continental dishes, accompanied by views of the landscaped grounds.
Future in hotel industry after graduation in India and abroad:
- Business in hotel,
- Business in Banquets,
- Business in hotel masnagement institutes/colleges,
- Business in Lodging,
- Business in indoor and outdoor Catering and industrial catering,
- Management of hotels.
- In Cruise Liners
- In 3,5,7 star hotels
- As a ship cook
- Air hostess/air purser
- Casino general manager
- Hotels general manager
- Hotel operations manager
- F&B director
- Accommodations director
- Executive chef
- Restaurant manager
- Front office manager
- Executive house keeper
Classes and practical trainings will be held in Mumbai or in Panjim (Goa). Enrollment open for April, July, September and January. College timing – Monday – Friday from 11 am to 4 pm We have a team of qualified international teachers for hotel and hospitality management
We have structured our courses to combine theory and practical based learning with the flexibility to earn while you are studying. The internship periods are an integral part of the study program. Each year includes a three to six-months internship in Goa or Mumbai. Objective of industrial training is to provide students the feel of the actual working environment and to gain practical knowledge and skills, which in turn will motivate, develop and build their confidence. Industrial training is also expected to provide the students the basis to identify their key operational area of interest. Internships for students are organized in different hotels in Goa, including luxury hotels like Taj, Marriot, ITC, Hyatt and others. Hotels, restaurants and other touristic facilities are demanding international professionals. Internship place depends on results of candidate`s job interviews in hotels. Trainees will be appreciated by the results of the industrial training.