Developing Business-Level Strategy Options:
- Purpose and the SWOT analysis – the contribution of Andrews
- Environment-based options: generic strategies – the contribution of Porter
- Environment-based strategic options: the market options matrix
- Environment-based strategic options: the expansion method matrix
- Resource-based strategic options: the resource-based view
- Resource-based strategic options: cost reduction
Developing Corporate-Level Strategy Options:
- Corporate-level strategy: the benefits and costs of diversifying
- Corporate options: degrees of diversification
- Corporate strategy and the role of the centre – the principle of parenting
- Corporate strategy: decisions about the company’s diversified portfolio of products
- The tools of corporate-level options: from acquisition to restructuring
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments, and senior managers & executives involved in the development of strategic management.
- Those who wish to understand the basic concepts for identifying the future of their organisations with the new challenges and opportunities that may lead to substantial change.
- Those who wish to consider not only the rational approach to strategic decision making but also the creative aspects of such decisions.
- Those who wish to grasp the major intended and emergent initiatives that can be taken, involving the utilisation of resources, to enhance the performance of their firms in their external environments.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The main environment-based and resource-based opportunities available to organisations, and the strategy options that arise from these opportunities.
- The benefits and problems of being part of a group.
- The options that arise from being part of a corporation.
- How to develop and decide on strategic management.
About the School
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all o ... Read More