What are Connected Products?
Connected products are physical devices or things that have been embedded with sensors, software, data storage or general connectivity, allowing for the transfer of data or a service (user interface). Examples include wearable devices (now a multi-billion dollar industry) or smart home gadgets. Solving everyday problems with small connected products is fast becoming the norm, with myriad new opportunities arising each year within the ‘Internet of Things’ and technology becoming increasingly more intuitive and user-driven.
What will you learn?
- Different kinds of technologies and their potential in the context of connected devices.
- How to infuse a product with behaviors, services, and real-world user scenarios to get a sense of the complete product.
- Prototyping! Some basics of prototyping and fabrication like, 3d-modeling, 3d printing, Arduino, electronics, and making both functional and high-fidelity dummy apps.
- Concept/product communication skills.
How will you learn it?
Get ready for a week of serious fun where you’ll be introduced to all the tools and techniques to help bring your connected product ideas to life. Through a hands-on approach, we show the value of prototyping in the design and development of connected devices. During the week we will utilize different disciplines to bring your concepts to life. The goal is to enable you to be able to find solutions, prototype, and iterate to solve problems you see around you.
Is this for you?
- Yes, if you are interested and curious to understand the technology of connected devices and practice it yourself within 5 days.
- Yes, if you see the potential of connecting the digital and physical world.
- Yes, if you have plenty of ideas, but don’t know how to communicate them or bring them to life.
- Yes, if you are tired of working only with a pen, paper, and slides.
There are no prerequisites or requirements for this workshop. You do not need to know how to code – anyone can and is encouraged to join.
What do you need to bring to the workshop?
Enroll now: There is a maximum number of 20 places available for each workshop, first come first served. Enrolment will be closed when the workshops are full.
Program taught in: